30 days ago
Begin Your Rosewood Journey
We believe that life is made of many journeys: inspiration, wonderment, curiosity, or the simple joy of discovering something new every day. If you share the same sentiment, then this opportunity is for you.
Rosewood Hotel Georgia is looking for a Hostess.
Responsible for the courteously greet and escort guests to tables and assist in seating, ensuring hotel's standards of service. Assist in preparing the restaurant for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the room at all times. Liaise with incoming inquiries and book reservations for large parities, VIP’s, and hotel guests. Manage reservation book and ensuring efficient seating of guests. Responsibilities are to assist bar team and service teams ensuring ultimate guests’ satisfaction.
* Answer outlet phone courteously and efficiently as specified in departmental standards.
* Always maintain positive internal and external guest relations.
* Takes pride in personal appearance and follows hotel grooming guidelines.
* Greet and acknowledge all arriving guests.
* Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables; present menus and extend congenialities in accordance with department guidelines.
* Communicate V.I.P. arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow up.
* Extend courteous departures as guests leave the outlet by holding open door.
* Ensure tables are cleaned and reset according to standards.
* Complete closing duties as assigned.
* Legibly document pertinent information in restaurant logbook.
* Be familiar with operation of P.O.S. system and manual system procedures.
* Exhibit a friendly, helpful, and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
* Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
* Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
* Maintain complete knowledge of: scheduled daily activities and in-house groups.
* Hours of operation of each outlet, ambiance, menu selections and price range.
* Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, specials, 86'd items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the restaurant.
* Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
* Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set-ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code of the restaurant.
* Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures.
* Prepare reservations and floor plan for service. Assist service and bar team with the running of food and drinks and cleaning, clearing, and resetting tables.
* Set up Host(ess) station with necessary supplies; always maintain cleanliness. Report shortages to Supervisor.
* Inspect condition and cleanliness of menus and wine lists; ensure designated amounts are available. Update menus and wine lists as changes occur.
* Inspect the restaurant environment and entrance area, ensuring that all standards are met; rectify any deficiencies; always maintain cleanliness.
* All other duties as required.