about 1 month ago
* The Connaught
* Food & beverage
* Connaught Bar
* Full time
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious Bar Host/Hostess to join a fantastic team at the award-winning Connaught Bar.
Found at the heart of Mayfair village, The Connaught blends tradition with contemporary flair. With its bespoke service, 3,000-piece art collection, three Michelin-starred restaurant Hélène Darroze at The Connaught and London’s only Aman Spa, it has always been the choice for connoisseurs of the art of living well. Jean-Georges at The Connaught offers all-hours informal gourmet dining; and the exquisite Connaught Bar has won prestigious awards for its masterful mixology.
Ultra-stylish décor and mouth-watering cocktails put the Connaught Bar in Mayfair into a league of its own. Inspired by English Cubist and Irish 1920s art, with textured walls shimmering in platinum silver leaf overlaid with dusty pink, pistachio and lilac, designer David Collins has produced a gem of a London bar. The Connaught Bar cocktail menu is a fusion of tradition and innovation using exclusive vintages and limited edition champagnes, spirits and liqueurs.
Main duties & responsibilities
As Bar Host/Hostess, you will:
* Provide a courteous and efficient service to all guests and maintain the levels of service to the highest standards throughout each shift.
* Be responsible for greeting and seating guests in a warm friendly manner to ensure that the highest standards of service are maintained at all times.
* Be a true ambassador for excellent service, dealing with all requests and queries in an efficient and professional manner, whether face to face or over the telephone.
As Bar Host/Hostess, you must:
* Be motivated, highly organised, passionate and have a special flair for hospitality.
* Be well presented, have excellent communication skills and a pleasant telephone manner.
* Be a strong communicator to ensure that important information is passed on to guests and the bar colleague.
* Work well under pressure and bring good administration skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is looking to further their skills and to develop their career in a busy and demanding bar.