about 1 month ago
Greet and seat all guests and ensure a quality dining experience. Supervises and coordinate the activities of the dining room in a restaurant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
* Greet guests, escort them to their table, pull chair out for the guest, and present menus.
* Make sure entry doors are clean, free of debris and are inviting, and welcoming.
* Make sure all menus are wiped down, free of spots or stains, and complete with any special food and beverage items.
* Inform servers of their location and assigned station. Plan out the seating chart and organize the reservations for the evening.
* Check with the phone reservationists or answering machine messages to assure you have all reservations.
* Check with manager to assure private parties are properly staffed and organized for the evening.
* Check with kitchen to verify menu items are readily available.
* Keep in constant contact with the servers, manager, and the kitchen to ensure timing and food preparation is synchronized with guest flow.
* Greet guest leaving the restaurant to ensure guest had a pleasant dining experience. Check to see that everything was wonderful. Not only is the host or hostess the first impression the guest gets when they come to an establishment they are also the last.
* Check with every guest to notating any problem to quickly get a manager.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent experience.
Experience: Three - Six months in a food/beverage services environment or establishment.
Skills and Abilities: Must have vision ability to clearly see detailed guest checks, computer print outs, written instructions and to observe entire restaurant in dimly lit conditions. Must have manual coordination to punch buttons, grasp items in hand, and to balance and carry trays loaded with food and beverages. Able to read, speak and understand English. Able to lift, push, carry 20 - 40 lbs. Stand continuously for long periods of time.
Communicate information and hotel services to management, staff and guests. Tips Certification required.