about 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Nobu Hotels first European hotel, Nobu Hotel Shoreditch. We are seeking a Host/Hostess to join the team at Nobu Hotel Shoreditch. If you are passionate about hospitality and have at least a year experience in a busy, high volume restaurant, then we want to hear from you!
Located on Willow Street in the Shoreditch area of London, the hotel will feature 150 rooms including 7 suites, an 80-seat lobby lounge and a 240 seat Nobu restaurant with outdoor courtyard. Additionally, the property boasts a 178 square metre event space with natural light, and wellness facilities. Unique to London, Nobu Hotel Shoreditch offers a blend of Shoreditch’s creative energy with Nobu’s ethos of simple luxury. We are a very established brand who can offer growth and development, alongside the opportunity to travel.
* Act as an Ambassador of Nobu and answer questions from the guests regarding hotel services, facilities and history/general information.
* Provide a genuine greeting saying “Good afternoon/evening and welcome to Nobu or Irasshaimase”, and upon departure, thank them providing them with a genuine farewell.
* Create and support an environment of “Teamwork” by helping fellow team members without a second thought.
* Exhibit the ability to anticipate needs, not always requiring prompting by guests.
* Ask appropriate questions to ensure that the guest complete needs are met, including accompaniments.
* Be able to effectively control the host desk and communicate with customers regarding their reservation/wait times/walk-in customers, etc.
* Able to seat the restaurant in an orderly fashion, rotate seating between sections.
* Be able to follow and monitor out times and communicate all information to the appropriate Manager.
* Assist in pulling out chairs and removal of extra place settings.
* Maintain routine table checks and check for table setting completeness.
* Perform assigned opening, closing work and check out with a Manager prior to departing each shift.
* Set up, maintain and clean the front/reception desk.
* Good understanding of the seating rotation chart.
In return we offer a competitive package that includes:
* Meals on duty
* 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
Nobu Hotel Shoreditch is an equal opportunities employer.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.