9 months ago
This is a field based role, with 1-2 days at our Head Office in Thame, and a good proportion of time working with our London based hotels. Other UK travel required as and when required.
The job in a nutshell:
The role is accountable for driving successful operational performance through the delivery of key people initiatives and people performance. Key to success in this role will be to ensure that there is a talent pipeline ready to fill key hotels with no gaps in management cover. The role will be accountable for the readiness of talent from provision of entry level management hires, through to our most senior Hotel Managers across hotel operations. This role will partner the UK Operations Director and Regional Director for Principal hotels.
What you’ll be doing:
* Identifying opportunities to drive productivity and commercial value through people and team effectiveness.
* Understanding how the business operates and how each function contributes and thereby spotting and acting on opportunities to add value.
* Ensuring our manpower plans reflect needs in the hotels and that we achieve maximum return on investment
* Coaching Regional and District management to manage performance effectively.
* Identifying what causes under-performance and facilitating an action plan to address.
* Ensuring external recruits and internal promotions have the right skills to succeed in a Travelodge management role.
* Working collaboratively with District Managers and Hotel Managers to identify the root cause of hotels with high attrition.
* Contributing to the formulation of an action plan to address people related problems and developing managers.
* Leading on engagement activities across a given region, working closely with Regional Directors and District Managers to improve engagement in certain areas, always giving consideration to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) matters and creating an inclusive culture.
* Working closely with the Central ER team to ensure cases are resolved in a timely manner.
* Providing an interface into Operations when cases do not move at the required pace and providing commercial input to decision making.
* Owning certain cases in line with the ER responsibility matrix.
* Working with regional management teams to support and embed changes into hotels with regards to both people initiatives to be launched and operational changes.
* Lead and manage a team of Business Partners, People Advisors and a Resourcing Manager creating a culture of delivery and output.
* Providing ad-hoc tailored upskilling sessions based on regional and district needs that is outside of the L&D plan and capacity but directly relevant to performance and building talent.
What we’ll expect from you:
* Considerable experience in a fast paced HR environment.
* Experience of working in an environment where changes to the norm and priorities can fluctuate.
* Experience of succession planning and talent management is essential.
* A thorough understanding of how Business Partnering works and the ability to understand the commercial impacts of decisions that are made.
* Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
* A CIPD accredited qualification is highly desirable with level 7 preferable
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
Care about people
* I treat everyone in a way I would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
Attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
Drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote travelodge