about 1 month ago
At Redefine|BDL Hotels we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Hotel Accounts Mnager contributes to Redefine|BDL Hotel's goals and values by supporting the General Manager with managing the Accounts team.
Where Will You Be Working?
Holiday Inn London- Camden Lock, a stylish gem in the heart of vibrant Camden Town, right along Regent's Canal and a few minutes walking distance from Camden underground. Whether travelling on business or leisure, our 130 bedrooms are designed to give plenty of room to work and relax. We proudly are the second Open Lobby to be developed by Holiday Inn in Europe. Our Glasshouse, Camden suites and Mezzanine suites are ideal for meetings and private events. Above all, you will be part of a fun loving, passionate team delivering memorable and exceptional service to all our guests.
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an individual who will be responsible for :
Reporting into the General Manager, you will lead your own team, work collaboratively with the senior management team and HOD's to deliver excellent and accurate financial returns for the hotel and liaise regularly with the hotel management company and hotel owner.
You will be responsible for the finance function including the following:
* Assists and provide financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of Hotel Business Plan, Budget and Key Performance Objectives
* Work with the heads of department to perform ad hoc cost benefit analysis on various projects and support them with their departmental budgets
* Produce and review reconciled monthly P&L and balance sheet for the hotel ensuring discrepancies are reported to the Divisional Financial Controller
* Prepares monthly position of actual results against budget, analyse results and recommend measures required to meet budget
* Implement and review financial controls and policies
* Analyse financial and management reports
* Assist in the maintenance of the fixed asset register on an annual basis
* Ensure all appropriate brand Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to
* Prepare and manage departmental budgets
* Prepare weekly and monthly forecasts
* Controls all aspects of sales and purchase ledger
The successful applicant for this role will deliver excellent customer service, have a positive ‘can do' attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care.
We are looking for someone who can communicate well with others, can carry out instructions, is able to pay close attention to detail , good analytical skills and will commit to providing outstanding service to our guests, management company and suppliers. Good Knowledge about hotel accounting processes, IT systems and OPERA. Accounting qualification is desirable. Hotel accountant experience for at least 1 year would be a plus.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with Redefine|BDL Hotels because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There's open, clear communication from the top
* We've got great career development opportunities
* There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Everyday discounts from high street retailers
* Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
* Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Free meals on duty
* Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at Redefine|BDL we transform hotels.
Redefine|BDL Hotels is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriot and Wyndham. At Redefine|BDL we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!