5 months ago
An incredible opportunity is now available to join our kitchen brigade at The Marylebone as Head Chef.
Just off Marylebone High Street at the top of Marylebone Lane, we now have an opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to oversee the kitchen team serving the 108 Bar, London, Cocktail Bar, Events and Room Service.
Reporting directly to the Executive Head Chef, the ideal Head Chef for The Marylebone Hotel will have previous management experience in a similar role, confident in delivering consistent high standards of food and service to our guests. The ability to motivate and inspire a young kitchen team is vital to your success, as will be your desire to support Chef Apprenticeship initiatives and your team's professional development.
Key responsibilities include
* Successfully managing the kitchen operations of a team of 28+
* Support the professional development of a kitchen team
* Ensure all food leaving the kitchen is produced to the highest standard in food concept and presentation
* To ensure that all dishes leaving the kitchen are prepared to the approved standards of presentation
* Adhere to HACCP procedures at all times
* Participate in monthly stock takes
* Responsible for the monitoring of food quality & hygiene standards
* Create a positive environment which allows continuous innovation and creativity
* Manage and control costs i.e. payroll, wastage, stock
* Complete and monitor weekly rosters ensuring that costs are in line with forecast
* Ensure compliance with all regulations regarding Health & Safety
The perks of working as Head Chef at The Marylebone Hotel
* 28 days of holiday including public holidays, increasing to 33 days with length of service
* Free meals on duty as well as breakfast to get you started and all day tea and coffee for the caffeine lovers
* Discounted hotel rooms in the UK, Ireland and USA for you, your family and friends
* 50% off food when dining with the Doyle Collection
* Great location with easy access to public transport
* In-house training team dedicated to your personal development
* Reward and recognition programmes (earn bonuses, restaurant meals, overnight stays and extra days off!)
* Save money with our Cycle to Work scheme and plan for your future with our pension
* Staff summer parties, Christmas parties and regular team get togethers
* Plus more ...
As Head Chef at The Marylebone Hotel, you will be working for the family owned Doyle Collection Hotel group, which means there are plenty of opportunities for your career to grow in the UK and further afield in Ireland and the USA!
The Marylebone, London
Located just minutes from Oxford Street and in the heart of Marylebone Village, The Marylebone hotel provides easy access to the best that London has to offer. The excitement and buzz of Marylebone Lane, Oxford Street and Park Lane, the world-famous stores of Bond Street and Mayfair and the green spaces of Regents Park and Hyde Park are all just a short walk away.
The Doyle Collection
The Doyle Collection is a carefully curated collection of eight Irish family-owned luxury and urban hotels located centrally in London, Dublin, Washington DC, Cork and Bristol. What binds our hotels together is the Doyle service ethos - a real warmth and thoughtfulness.
We are delighted that the Doyle Collection has been listed as one of the Best Large Workplaces by Great Place to Work for three years running; 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Don't be shy, apply today join us as a Head Chef at The Marylebone!
The Doyle Collection is an equal opportunities employer.