6 months ago
We are currently welcoming applications to lead our Kitchen team in The Dublin as our Head Chef.
It is an exciting time to join the kitchen team at The Dublin, Dublin's iconic sporting hotel. Situated beside the impressive stadium playing host to the biggest GAA matches and concerts to visit the city, The Dublin is a 4 star Doyle Collection property offering a bistro, bar and private dining.
With a stunning refurbishment of the Sideline Bistro and canal-side terrace commencing in late 2018, our Head Chef will be central to the design of a new menu concept and will lead our kitchen team during this transformation. With a core team of 28, increasing during match season, our kitchen boasts an energetic and passionate team who showcase the warmth and kindness associated with Irish Hospitality daily.
The ideal Head Chef for The Dublin will have previous management experience in a similar role, confident in delivering consistent high standards of food and service to our guests. The ability to motivate and inspire a young kitchen team is vital to your success, as will be your desire to support Chef Apprenticeship initiatives and your team's professional development. .
Key Responsibilities include;
* Successfully managing the kitchen operations
* Support the professional development of a kitchen team of 28+
* Ensure all food leaving the kitchen is produced to the highest standard in food concept and presentation
* To ensure that all dishes leaving the kitchen are prepared to the approved standards of presentation
* Adhere to HACCP procedures at all times
* Participate in monthly stock takes
* Responsible for the monitoring of food quality & hygiene standards
* Create a positive environment which allows continuous innovation and creativity
* Manage and control costs i.e. payroll, wastage, stock
* Complete and monitor weekly rosters ensuring that costs are in line with forecast
* Ensure compliance with all regulations regarding Health & Safety
While working at The Dublin, you will get all the perks that come along with working with the family owned, award winning hotel group The Doyle Collection.
The perks of working with us at The Dublin;
* 29 days of holiday including public holidays
* Free meals on duty as well as breakfast to get you started and all day tea and coffee for the caffeine lovers
* Discounted hotel rooms in the UK, Ireland and USA for you, your family and friends
* 50% off food when dining with the hotels within the Doyle Collection
* Great location with easy access to public transport
* In-house training team dedicated to your personal development
* Reward and recognition programmes (earn bonuses, restaurant meals, overnight stays and extra days off!)
* Save money with our Cycle to Work scheme and plan for your future with our pension
* Staff summer parties, Christmas parties and regular team get togethers
The Doyle Collection
The Doyle Collection is a carefully curated collection of eight Irish family-owned luxury and urban hotels located centrally in London, Dublin, Washington DC, Cork and Bristol. What binds our hotels together is the Doyle service ethos - a real warmth and thoughtfulness.
We are delighted to be listed as one of the Best Large Workplaces in 2017 and 2018.
The Doyle Collection is an equal opportunities employer.