8 months ago
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a new Head Chef to help prepare and cook delicious food for our Golf Club at The Manor House in Castle Combe.
You will be responsible for overseeing the food and kitchen operations for the Golf Club and will lead and inspire the kitchen and service teams with a culture that delivers an amazing guest experience.
Menu development will be an important part of this role with a thorough understanding and passion for food, flavours and using local ingredients. A key eye for local and current food trends will be integral to this role.
If this is the kind of opportunity you are looking for - apply now!
Lots to do but lots of fun
* Be the face of the Golf Club kitchen, leading and inspiring the kitchen and service teams to deliver amazing guest experiences
* Create original and great tasting seasonal food menus
* Motivate the kitchen team to deliver a consistently high standard of food preparation and cooking
* Hold regular inspirational product and skill focussed training sessions for the kitchen and service teams
* Lead the recruitment of chefs
* Establish great relationships with food suppliers and work closely with the Golf Club Manager to negotiate contracts
* Ensure the kitchens are compliant with Health & Safety regulations and to manage and uphold regular cleaning and kitchen maintenance schedules
* Work closely with the Golf Club Manager, marketing and events teams for the effective food operation throughout service and for all events at the club
* Ensure that systems for stock management are adhered to and that stock levels are maintained in all kitchens with stock rotation taking place
* Implement and maintain food wastage control within all kitchens
* Have a sound working understanding of all costs and charges relating to food operations and ensuring food cost of sales and GP margins are maintained at budgeted levels
* Control the operational excellence of a busy and demanding kitchen, ensuring the Standard Operating Procedures for the kitchens are fully understood and followed at all times.
* Control wage percentages in line with budget
* Oversee all ordering, stock controls and standards of procedures
* Participate fully as a team member within the F&B Department
* Attend daily meetings promptly as required and to attend weekly F&B meetings.
* Be responsible for ensuring all kitchen equipment and machinery is in working order and all repairs are reported and monitored
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our ideal candidate will have;
* A true passion for food!
* Strong kitchen background from within hotel or restaurant sector
* Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
* Commercially astute and financially aware
* Highly organised
* Proven record as a strong team leader
* Keen and enthusiastic attitude coupled with drive, energy and stamina
* Flexibility to work hours required by the business
* Commitment and mobility
* Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
* Competitive salary
* Complimentary car parking
* Perkz discount scheme
* Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
* Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.