27 days ago
Are you a Head Chef who can demonstrate innovation and entrepreneurial flair, who can inspire your team and delight your guests? If you are, we'd love to hear from you.
As Head Chef you will be responsible for all aspects of the smooth running of the kitchen operation within the hotel, from Banquets and Buffets for functions, the a la carte menu and the daily provision of staff food. You will have ultimate responsibility for the recruitment, training and development of your teams and you will also be accountable for engagement within your department.
What we look for
* Previous experience at the head of a 5 star kitchen
Hold relevant Certificate III cookery qualifications and previous experience in a similar role.
* A Food Safety Certificate.
* Have knowledge of different of cuisines.
* Have knowledge and understanding of HACCP and OH&S
* Understanding of the importance of the brigade work.
* Be flexible to work a range of different shifts, including weekends.
* Be able to work under pressure within a dynamic team environment.
* Be able to coach and motivate less experienced members of the kitchen team.
What's in it for you?
* Great development opportunities
* Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
* Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
* Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
* Pension and Healthcare Schemes
* Generous recommend a friend scheme
* Apprenticeship (from Level 2 to Level 5)
* Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
* Great Recognition program
* ...and many more!