about 1 month ago
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Head Chef contributes to RBH's goals and values by supporting the General Manager with managing the overall running of the Kitchen and Kitchen team at the hotel.
What is our menu?
We are looking for an individual who can:
* Hors d’oeurve - Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards.
* Soup - Develop menu design and concepts for all food and/or beverage outlets and catering events.
* Starter - Maintain procedures to ensure the security and proper storage of food products, inventory, and equipment. Replenish supplies in a timely manner and minimise waste.
* Salad - Ensure that all kitchen equipment and storerooms are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
* Main course - Lead a team effectively and has a passion to train and develop them along the way.
* Dessert - Comply with required standards whilst ensuring the GP% is maintained and improved in line with company set budgets.
* Cheese & Biscuits - Adhere to governmental regulations as well as brand standards, hotel or company policies and procedures.
Where Will You Be Working?
The Duke of Cornwall Hotel, Plymouth’s much loved landmark hotel, features previously award-winning restaurant with Two AA Rosettes and luxury bedrooms with free internet.
Our newest private Tower Dining experience - As the sun sets, and Plymouth’s lights begin to sparkle, what could be more romantic than being able to sit back in your own private dining room with an elevated 360-degree view of the City.
From this unique position, you can enjoy the ultimate luxurious dining experience for two people. Enjoy a glass of Prosecco with a selection of canapes, followed by a sumptuous three course meal and coffee. A bottle of our finest wine is included for you to share, as you relax and enjoy the grandeur of The Duke.
The Duke of Cornwall is a destination in its own right, with a variety of events throughout the year from weddings and banquets for up to 300 people to a hugely popular Christmas calendar with all the seasonal festive trimmings and covers in the thousands, that is a lot of turkey.
Plymouth Ferry Terminal and Harbour are half a mile away.
Just minutes from Plymouth’s historic waterfront, The Duke of Cornwall is the closest hotel to the Cross Channel Ferry Port. The beautiful Dartmoor National Park can be reached in 20 minutes’ drive.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing, and our communities.
* Our people are truly engaged at work.
* There's open, clear communication from the top.
* We've got great career development opportunities.
* There is a culture of transformation and innovation.
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes.
* Everyday discounts from high street retailers
* Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events.
* Career opportunities, training and help with course fees.
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first.
* Free meals on duty
* Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit, and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott, and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!