about 1 month ago
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The Head Chef contributes to RBH's goals and values by supporting the General Manager with managing the Kitchen Team.
What Are We Looking For?
We're looking for an experienced individual with a passion for cooking! You will have a strong work ethic and the ability to perform well in a busy, fast paced kitchen. You will thrive on training and developing the team around you.
As Head Chef your role will include:
* Overall responsibility for managing the kitchen operations. Prepares and serves a range of dishes, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen team.
* You will create and develop all our menus ensuring they are creative and seasonal. Including special event menu development and prepare allergen charts for all menus.
* Proactively implement measures to control payroll and food cost.
* Conduct regular internal self-audit to comply with Fire, Health & safety, and Food Hygiene.
* Responsible for purchasing and stock control.
* Recruit, induct, train and coach the kitchen team. Prepare staff rotas. Conduct regular trainings and reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure quality of product and service.
* Effectively communicate with F & B and the Sales Team to ensure seamless day to day operations.
Head Chef experience for at least 2 years is essential. Good knowledge of health and safety and Food hygiene.
Where Will You Be Working?
A modern hotel just three miles south of the Granite City, The Aberdeen Altens Hotel is the largest hotel in Aberdeen.
It is an exciting and busy time to join our wonderful team. In the past 12 months we have completed a half a million-pound refurbishment on our food and beverage areas creating Coast and Keg, a new 200 cover multi-faceted dining environment and a destination in its own right!
We have also transformed our Ballroom and Albyn Suites into versatile and stylish spaces perfect for corporate meetings and social events.
* 4-star contemporary hotel
* 216 bedrooms
* 12 great Meeting Rooms which can cater from 12 to 400 delegates
* Health and Leisure club
* Indoor pool, spa pool, steam room & gym
* Free car park
* Free Wi-Fi
* Close to Aberdeen city centre, just off the A90
* Newly Refurbished Coast & Keg Restaurant
* Starbucks Coffee
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There's open, clear communication from the top
* We've got great career development opportunities
* There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Everyday discounts from high street retailers
* Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
* Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Free meals on duty
* Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!