3 months ago
Old Swan and Minster Mill
Hours as required
Competitive rate of pay available, plus tips
Number of Roles:
IT' S NOT JUST A JOB - WE WANT YOU TO LOVE WHAT YOU DO!
At Andrew Brownsword Hotels we know that our success depends on the skills and happiness of every one of our team. So we invest in your training and development and are committed to promoting from within. We need your personality and passion for hospitality and we offer all sorts in return.
Recently awarded AA Hotel Group of the Year, at Andrew Brownsword Hotels we can offer training and progression within our hotels and across our collection...or just a great place to work locally. For some senior roles we may look for experience at a similar level or property, but for other positions we just require passion and commitment - we will teach you the rest!
Located just 15 miles from Oxford, the Old Swan & Minster Mill is nestled in 65 acres of idyllic grounds in the picturesque village of Minster Lovell. This quintessentially English inn and adjoining mill seamlessly blend the rural charm of these historic buildings with modern design, luxurious comfort and delicious menus crafted from the best seasonal produce. The Old Swan and Minster Mill offers a relaxed yet professional environment to work in, and can offer off-site staff accommodation, in order to help the newest members of the team re-locate, so they can settle into life at the hotel and local area in comfort.
We are currently looking for a Head Chef who will deliver exceptional food quality and drive the food, team and business forward.
The future member of our team will:
* Have a creative vision with the ability to design and implement seasonal menus that reflect our vision, with emphasis on the use of fresh local produce.
* Be a hands on Head Chef who is in service with their team.
* Be strong leader who can motivate and drive the team and business forward.
* As Head Chef, recruit and develop a cohesive kitchen team that show passion and commitment.
* Have a strong financial understanding of the department, and have previous experience with stock control, purchasing and GP margins.
* Be committed to training the team and promoting a culture of internal development within the kitchen.
* Establish and maintain strong relationships with external customers and suppliers, actively promoting our company within the industry.
* Possess strong internal customer care skills, actively promoting strong working relationship between the kitchen and front of house department.
* Have previous experience within a similar style property as Head Chef or Executive Chef.
Opportunities and benefits
As a company we offer a range of benefits and opportunities as we believe people are key to our success. We value our staff and want to recognise the role every one of them plays within our unique properties. Benefits that we offer to our team include large company discounts on food and beverage, staff and friends and family hotel rates at all our unique properties, high street discounts via our bespoke designed employee shopping website, access to an Employee Assistance Program to help navigate through any life challenges our employees may face , childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, and a number of incentives to reward passion and commitment.