29 days ago
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Guest Services Manager to join the team at Lainston House in Winchester. You will be the main point of contact for all guests and visitors to the hotel ensuring a seamless and memorable experience.
Lots to do but lots of fun
Our successful Guest Services Manager will be responsible for;
* To deliver and oversee standards of Guest Care at the Hotel.
* To manage the hotel’s Front Office Desk, Guest Services Team and Nights Team to ensure that the public areas are maintained to an exceptionally high standard and guests needs are catered for.
* To ensure the customer journey throughout the hotel is executed to a high standard.
* To assist the management team with training, monitoring of standards and work place presentation.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Guest Services Manager will …
* Management of Reception / Guest Services within a comparable property for at least one year.
* Good knowledge of guest care and procedures.
* Strong organisational and communication skills.
* Team player and able to work on own initiative.
* Immaculate presentation and personal grooming standards.
* Proficiency in Front of House and Reservations Property Management systems .
* Confident and ‘Exclusive’ personality.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft, Word, Outlook and Excel.
* High initiative, problem solving and common sense practice.
* Guest Focus.
* Clear and friendly telephone manner.
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
* Competitive salary.
* Complimentary car parking.
* Perkz discount scheme.
* Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
* Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties.
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.