5 months ago
The Ideal Candidate
The Principal Manchester are looking for a Concierge Guest Services Agent to join their growing team.
This the iconic City Centre Hotel is offering a Casual position and thinks you are right person
The Principal Manchester, Oxford Street, Manchester, M60 7HA
What is the main purpose of the role? As one of our Concierge Guest Services Agent, your role will be to ensure that you provide a courteous and friendly service to all guests from arrival to departure whilst making sure you interact with our internal as well as our external guests This role is hands on and will require Training, you must possess a good level of English. Have an outgoing personality with good clean cut personal presentation
Duties of a Concierge Guest Services Agent include:
* Lobby Door Coverage Meeting and Greeting our guests on arrival
* To have the ‘Can Do’ attitude
* Handling all guests needs, enquiries, and complaints in a necessary time frame with a courteous efficient and friendly service
* Luggage and parcel delivery
* All shifts are supervised, and all duties carried out.
* Variable Shift patterns ranging from 07.00am to 11.00pm
* Knowledge of the City amenities, Attractions and surrounding areas
* Opportunity to Grow and progress
* To make sure the lobby/reception area is always in immaculate condition throughout the day including the offices and store rooms, making sure that the desk is stocked with the necessary items needed including, maps, business cards, stationary etc.
What we need from you
* Previous front of house experience in a luxurious 4/5-star environment preferable but not essential.
* Excellent Communication skills and a positive and friendly personality
* A desire to learn and progress
* Be able to multi task and prioritise tasks
* Knowledge of Opera preferable
* Basic computer skills
* Must be well presented and takes care of their appearance
What we offer
* A hourly wage of £7.85 - £8.21
* 28 days holidays pro rota, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusive IHG Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online MYlearning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
Built as the headquarters for the Refuge Assurance Company in 1895 and extended in 1912, The Principal Manchester - as it's now known - is part and parcel of Manchester and its renewed status as the "Northern Powerhouse". Its clock tower is a part of the Manchester skyline - seen every day on the BBC local news - and a marker by which to get your bearings. The hotel has recently completed major renovations, which put The Principal Manchester centre-stage in our exciting plans as part of the launch a new, "urban lifestyle" hotel brand, including a destination restaurant and bar that we have created in partnership with some of the city's most respected restaurateurs.