about 1 month ago
Our hotel is the place to stay connected. Whether you are seeking the relaxation of the countryside or exhilaration of nearby New York City, the Crowne Plaza Suffern - Mahwah is the ideal destination for you to access the best of both worlds. The upscale Crowne Plaza Suffern - Mahwah offers you every convenience and amenity you have come to expect from a Crowne Plaza® property
Perform all desk related functions including but not limited to checking guests in and out, making room reservations, giving recommendations, and providing directions. Smile and greet guests in a welcoming manner, as the first point of contact.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
* Handle guest registration, room assignments, provide quotes for room rates and up-sell the guest, accommodate special requests whenever possible, and collect payment for charges on the guest folio.
* Verify registration cards against computer to ensure accuracy of name, type of payment, rate, and market segment.
* Pre-register, block reservations and take same day reservations and when necessary future reservations following hotel rate structures, discounts, and sell strategies.
* Manage guest check-ins/check-outs in accordance with hotel credit/cash handling policies; verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio.
* Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
* Resolve guest complaints; assist guests with all inquiries in connection with hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, check cashing, safety boxes, etc.
* Manage phone activity including providing general knowledge to callers.
* Cancel room reservations according to procedures.
* Walk customers in a professional and courteous manner according to procedures.
* Function as a liaison between Front Desk and the Housekeeping Department in coordinating rooms.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent experience.
Experience: Three to twelve months of employment in a related position guest relation position with this company or other organizations.
Skills and Abilities: Requires having excellent computer and cash handling skills, ability to stand for extended periods of time; present a sociable, outgoing, lively and guest service-oriented demeanor. Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-job. Communicate information and hotel services to management, staff and guests.