5 months ago
Our historical hotel has recently joined InterContinental Hotel & Resorts Brand, the first international luxury travel hotel brand in the world, as InterContinental Edinburgh The George. We are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh’s most prosperous citizens. Winner of Luxury Brand Hotel of the Year Edinburgh at the 2019 Scottish Hotel Awards.
Your day to day
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an 'Everything Else' Line Agent to join our team. You will report to the Reception Manager with the purpose of looking after all guest requests. You will be responsible for organising, confirming, processing and conducting all guest requests and will relay messages to all departments to ensure guest requests are met in a timely manner. You will act as the go to person for all guest requests and hotel knowledge and have a genuine ambition to be “best in class”!
What we need from you
It is essential you have an excellent attention to detail and can deliver work to demanding guests, working well under pressure. You should have excellent communication skills and be flexible and adaptable with the willingness to surprise and delight guests.
What we offer
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Great IHG Perks