about 1 year ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Guest Relations Manager
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Front of House in The May Fair
* The role of the Guest Relations Manager is to provide personal attention and to take personal responsibility and use teamwork when providing guest service
* To listen, to apologize with empathy, to find a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
* To assume the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment
* To handle all aspects of guest arrivals, check-in and departure
* To makes reservations, when necessary, in accordance with hotel yield management practices
* To anticipate guests needs and ensure that all guests requirements during their stay are fulfilled in a way that makes them feel special, and maximizes hotel revenue
* Keeps current on, and promotes, hotel amenities, food and beverage outlets and services, and arranges in-house services as required
* To assume responsibility to gather information about each guest in order to update client database, and to make proactive use of guest details to provide a truly personal service
* To research local area facilities, which may be of help and interest to guests, and to establish working relations with relevant ticket agencies in order to provide a comprehensive concierge service to guests
* Previous experience in a 4-5* star Hotel as a Guest Relations Manager
* Understands how to use IT applications: Opera, Caspro, Guest Plus, Medallia, Microsoft applications.
* Local area knowledge
* Good command of the English language
* Confident ability to communicate and establish rapport
* Decision-making: Improve decision making by clarifying goals, sharing perspectives, identifying options and created a way forward
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.