5 months ago
To ensure all enquiries are responded to at the point of enquiry through live quoting where applicable and/or to be accountable for ensuring response times are adhered to, inline with departmental SOP.
To be responsible for completing all 3rd party website and/or website enquiries such as CVENT, Starcite, Venue Directory etc.To understand the customer journey and to strive to offer a seamless and efficient exceeding customer expectations throughout.
To be eager to convert all types of business and have the determination to convert on the initial call and/or via the use of exceptional proposals and follow up calls using effective sales techniques.
To utilise the tools available to support in negotiation and management of your live business on the books, focusing on identifying what is important to both the customer and the business whilst utilising conversion tools available.
To have a good understanding of the different handling requirements of all types of customers including both direct & agencies, and be familiar with how to manage relationships across the two account types.
To demonstrate good understanding of the group and individual properties revenue strategies, sales plan, business mix, competitor sets and use this to guide you when quoting rates / availability.
To be personally responsible for following up on all enquiries and ensuring all chase activities are completed inline with company standards.
To be accountable for ensuring all groups are planned in a timely manner and key updates/changes/handover effectively communicated to the Hotel teams.
To ensure all rooming lists are entered in a timely manner and room types and invent.
To lead Group Reservations team. Control the activities of the team, ensuring that all group reservations team members carry out their duties and responsibilities to the standards required. Allocate tasks and check results against set standards.
Promote team spirit, co-operation and job satisfaction at all times.
Ensure that all supervisory tasks are completed in line with standards, check lists and be able to forward plan
What we look for
* Has previous experience in a similar role within hotel of 350 rooms minimum as we are a 801 rooms property.
* Has excellent communication skills.
* Ability to train and lead others.
* Has a passion to drive sales and commercial success.
* Be able to form and maintain professional relationships quickly.
* Knowledge of Opera or similar computer system is essential.
What's in it for you?
* 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
* Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
* Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
* Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
* Long Service Awards
* Pension and Healthcare Schemes
* Generous recommend a friend scheme
* Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
* Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
* Childcare vouchers
* Staff refreshments on shift