about 1 year ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Groups Operations Support Coordinator
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Front of House in Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex
To support the company’s goal of positive cash flow by ensuring the complete and accurate recording of all revenue transactions and guest records. To support unparalleled service delivery to internal and external customers by maintaining, reviewing and preparing the coordination of the daily business, providing information and direction to this end.
* Good command of English language
* Has the ability to use computer hardware and software needed to perform tasks
* Ability to proactively prioritise needs put first things first and effectively manages resources.
* Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and working with team members to meet deadlines and achieve desired results.
* Knows how to use IT applications i.e. Fidelio, Micros, Word, Excel etc.,
* Reviews, prepares and coordinates all guest arrivals, departures and room servicing maintaining high service delivery standards and accurate records.
* Ensuring reservations are providing the minimum requirements for all reservations; Time of Arrival, Guest remarks, Detailed profile, Special Requests
* Monitor daily skips and sleeps in accordance with Front Office Procedures
* Monitor Management of rooms requiring out of order or out of service status.
* Ensure all actual arrivals information is completed and up to date in Opera and take appropriate action to resolve any queries or incomplete details.
* Print and resolve cluster traces and monitor hotel based ops support traces to ensure they are also resolved.
* Ensure a weekly review of group arrivals is completed to ensure all paperwork/billing are followed as per SOP.
* Ensures front office accounting and financial procedures are adhered to and daily transactions carried out by Central ops are balanced and recorded. Analyses, balances and accurately records all daily business transactions to maximize cash flow.
* Complete ledger invoice check outs, check and balance City Ledger
* Support hotel for all billing queries / allowances
* Consolidate daily central ops support allowances in line with front office procedures and handover to team leaders.
* Review portal applications; Sales Ledger, Charge-back, No show, CIF, DMS follow up and resolve all issues relating to your cluster.
* Ensure All O-advance bookings are actioned in line with front office procedures.
* Handle all guest related account queries
* Complete a daily review of Folio Balances and ensure they are in line with front office procedures
* Complete a thorough and detailed cash and Credit card balance report check as per the Front Office Procedures
* To manage and settle (within 3 days) all Front Office and Group related Paymaster accounts. Monitor all C&B and Accounts paymasters and follow up as necessary with the relevant teams.
* Take ownership for following up all non-arrival bookings and recording the charges made or waived as per Front Office Procedures.
* Ensure all guest book revenues are raised and details in the portal updated.
* Liaise with IT to resolve any equipment failures.
* Assisting on daily completion of all administrative tasks within the department.
* Perform any other central operations support task as requested by line supervisor.
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.