10 months ago
Posting Date Oct 24, 2018
Job Number 18002ZMM
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for a Group & Events Sales Executive to join our Sales team who are passionate about selling. This position has responsibility for responding to all group and event enquiries in order to maximize revenue & utilization of meeting space, working to ensure, at a minimum, delivery of budgeted revenues. The Group & Event Sales Executive will manage and convert all business, including contracting, prior to hand over to Event Planning team, in addition to managing group room and function diary inventory. The Group & Event Sales Executive must provide consistently high levels of customer service, in accordance with Sheraton© European Standards & Programmes.
* Must be a Team Player – the Sales team relies on all departments to ensure we deliver the service promise. Applicant must demonstrate an ability to develop a strong working relationship with others by being fair, open, reliable and consistent.
* Great Communication skills - Must have an ability to effectively communicate verbally with all colleagues, clearly stating ideas and strategies.
* Essential Computer Skills - Knowledge of Opera is preferred, Microsoft Word and Excel is essential and you must be able to type
* Must have the ability to sell and promote the hotel as well as a proactive approach to dealing with our business demands
* Must be able to deal with complaints in a professional manner
* Must show a great deal of flexibility in work load and hours
* Minimum of 1 year hospitality sales/events experience
In return we offer unlimited career opportunities, competitive salary, industry leading benefits (including discounted hotels and F & B, free meals on duty, uniform, dental and optical plans), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.