4 months ago
Group and Events Sales Executive
: United Kingdom-St Andrews-Fairmont St Andrews
Group Event Sales Executive
Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Group Event Sales Executive's role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting in the Home of Golf, Fairmont St Andrews is the perfect location to turn any holiday into a treasured memory whilst offering a resort experience steeped in the history of the area and traditions of Scotland. The Resort includes 209 luxurious guest bedrooms, 6 diverse dining outlets, 2 golf courses and a tranquil Spa & Leisure facility.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Enquiry / Lead Management
To handle all incoming enquiries through to conversion and contracting stage before full and efficient handover to Events Planning Team in accordance with SOPs provided
* Handle incoming enquiries for all group and event enquiries within standard time frame – from non residential meetings to residential MICE groups (Meetings, Incentives, Conference and Events)
* Input enquiry details into Opera Sales & Catering in accordance with company standards
* Use creative skills to generate a detailed proposal to maximise revenue opportunities and meet / exceed client expectations
* To ensure that a thorough process for enquiry handling is adhered to
* Efficiently follow up with client enquiries. Utilise Sales & Catering effectively in accordance with SOPs to ensure that activities are maintained and updated with all relevant communication
* To drive enquiries to site visits, then plan and host these site visits
* To secure and convert business from these enquiries, working with support from National Account Managers as appropriate
* To process Contract and Billing requirements. Follow up with client to ensure contract and first deposit is received
* Finalise sales stage with handover to the Events Planning Team in accordance with SOP.
To achieve an individual reactive sales target – Quarterly Incentive Plan in place for achievement of targets
* To plan and host Familiarisation Trips with National Account Managers key territories and accounts
* Research databases with focus on key industries or territories
* Work with sales team to research past users
* Prospect new client opportunities through networking, face to face appointments and researching industry news
* Assisting in sales based activities when required to generate short-term business into Fairmont St Andrews
* Participate in telesales blitz’s as and when required
* Attend relevant meetings including weekly GRC to report on updates for all enquiries in assigned territories.
* Other duties as assigned
* Previous Sales experience required
* Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications andor relevant computer applications required
* University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
* Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
* Highly responsible & reliable
* Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid work authorisation for the UK.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Rotating / Shift Work
: 25.Jun.2019, 4:59:00 AM