about 1 year ago
Dakota Deluxe Leeds are seeking seeking outgoing personalities to join our restaurant team as Waiter / Waitress.
As Trip Advisor’s number 1 hotel in Leeds, we are centrally located just a 5min walk from the train station on Greek Street. Our 84-bedroom luxury hotel features two cocktail Bars and a brasserie Grill with a private dining space for 16.
CONTRACT & PAY RATE
We have part-time roles carrying minimum of 16.5 weekly contracted hours, or full-time roles with a minimum of 27.5 hours.
Earnings are £8.50 per hour, paid weekly.
Dakota is a lifestyle brand developed for the independent thinking, discerning traveller. We attract individuals who are passionate about service and like to do the simple things brilliantly. We currently have 3 hotels in Scotland, with our newest hotel in Leeds having opened in April 2017.
The heart and soul of our Hotels are the award-winning Bar & Grill. Our Bars are known for their extensive cocktail lists of classic cocktails and in-house originals, as well as a wide selection of premium and super-premium spirits alongside a sumptuous Tasters food menu. Our Grill boasts a connoisseurs wine list and is known for its spectacular steaks.
• Manage your section within the Grill, providing personal table service at the highest standard.
• Maintain a comprehensive level of knowledge of our current menu to be able to offer guests recommendations, including understanding the allergens presence in dishes.
• Run plates from Kitchen to table as well as large trays with a sense of food theatre.
• Consistently deliver service which shows your outgoing personality, always playing the part of host.
• Drive sales through service as well as by sincere guest recognition.
• Learn tasting notes on wines and cocktails to be able to recommend pairings with dishes.
• Having previous restaurant waiting experience is essential.
• A personal passion for food and enthusiasm for engaging with people.
• You are expected to look immaculate with pristine uniforming and personal presentation.
• Team members on full-time contracts must be able to work any 5 days out of 7, and availability of days able to work for part-time team members must be communicated at least one month in advance.
• General shift times are 5:30pm-00:30am Sunday – Thursday, and 5:30pm-1am Friday & Saturday.
• Previous training in responsible alcohol sales and food hygiene is favoured but not required as this training will be provided upon starting.
• Physically able to carry trays and be standing for the entirety of your shift.
HOW TO APPLY
If your aspirations are not merely to take the next step on the career ladder, but to develop within a company who value their guests and their people then there is only one place for you. You’ll love Dakota.
For more information, please:
• see our website for our current menus
• like our Facebook page
• follow us on Instagram @dakotahotelsuk
We welcome applicants to discuss the shift times and days of work suitable to their other commitments. Please