11 months ago
Greenkeeper grade 3 Seasonal
: United Kingdom-St Andrews-Fairmont St Andrews
Greenkeeper grade 3
As a Greenskeeper at Fairmont St Andrews you will ensure the daily running and maintenance, of the 2 golf courses at the hotel and is done so to the required standards, as set by the Course Superintendent.
Hotel Overview: Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting in the Home of Golf, Fairmont St Andrews is the perfect location to turn any holiday into a treasured memory whilst offering a resort experience steeped in the history of the area and traditions of Scotland. The Resort includes 209 luxurious guest bedrooms, 6 diverse dining outlets, 2 golf courses and a tranquil Spa & Leisure facility.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head Greenkeeper, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
* Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
* Operate all mowing equipment and other light equipment
* Edge, rake and maintain sand traps and cart paths
* Prune and maintain trees and shrubs as required
* Set tee markers and hole placement on greens
* Maintain fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis and ensure all equipment is clean and in safe working order
* Report equipment problems or failures immediately
* Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
* Follow all safety policies
* Other duties as assigned
* Previous experience in golf turf required
* Previous Golf Maintenance experience preferred
* Qualified to level 2/ NC in relevant discipline or working towards.
* Valid driver’s license required
* Must enjoy working outside
* Highly responsible & reliable
* Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
Frequent lifting and occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid work authorisation for the UK.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
: Rotating / Shift Work
: 08.Feb.2020, 4:59:00 AM