6 months ago
The job in a nutshell
Be a part of something special and join one of the top 10 fastest growing private companies in the UK*.
A great opportunity exists to join our highly dynamic Revenue Management team as a Graduate Revenue Manager where you will join a highly developed programme that will train and develop you in the field of setting pricing strategies for a portfolio of UK based hotels. In return for your hard work and commitment we offer a structured training program and excellent progression opportunities across the company.
Other include 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, performance related bonuses, staff loyalty card offering up to 50% off accommodation, food and soft beverages at our hotels, free car parking, plus, from our relationship with Edenred, a whole range of employee will be available to you, including discounts at many major branded stores.
Based in a historic market town located within easy access of major rail & motorway networks; we pride ourselves on offering an informal, but fast paced environment which offers a great work life balance. Flexible working will be considered for this position.
What you’ll be doing:
* Learning to manage price and yield tactics across a cluster of hotels.
* Aiming to achieve the revenue targets set out in budgets.
* Learning the IDeaS Revenue Management system to ensure pricing strategies are appropriate.
* Monitoring demand drivers and changes to ensure market conditions are swiftly reacted to and maximised.
* Working towards developing and owning the commercial strategies for each hotel, in association with the Area Revenue Managers and the Sales and Marketing teams.
* Attending regular commercial reviews with the Area Revenue Managers to discuss trading performance, revenue strategies, and forecast positions.
* Work with the Premium Events Team to ensure that revenue strategies on and around key event dates are appropriate.
* Support team to cover holiday, sickness and project work as required.
* Communication with hotels and other stakeholders.
* Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
* Work with the Hotel Booking Support Team to ensure the balance between the commercial focus and customer experience is maintained.
What we’ll expect from you
You’ll be naturally analytical, with the desire to work in a fast paced target driven environment. You’ll also have:
* A business, analytical of financially focused degree, or equivalent
* Strong commercial drive and acumen
* Ability to analyse data and identify trends
* Good communication and influencing skills
* Excellent prioritisation and organisation skills
* Flexibility and be able to embrace change to meet the varying needs of the business
* Proactive, Self motivated, enthusiastic, personable and energetic
What will set you apart
* Good Excel skills
* Hotel / hospitality experience
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
I care about people
* I treat everyone in a way I would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote Travelodge
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.
* as listed in the prestigious Sunday Times Fast Track league Table.