3 months ago
You’ll never falter on striving for exceptional quality and standards. Strong IT skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft packages are a must. You will be willing to learn and be ready, willing and able to take responsibility. The role requires a logical mind and an individual that can see the bigger picture.
This post would be ideal for a recent graduate looking for their first/second job working in procurement/administration, degree or relevant procurement experience with P2P systems would be desirable.
You’ll be in the front line providing customer focused service for procurement ensuring that hotel purchasing is in accordance with brand and company requirements. Ensuring contracts operate efficiently, and managing the systems database ensuring it is kept up to date with all products. Working with the Head of Procurement and the procurement team to identify opportunities for margin improvement, service level enhancement and supply base consolidation.
What’s in a day’s work
• Communicating and implementing contracts
• To build and manage relationships with strategic suppliers
• Managing the cost base by monitoring price and market trends
• Help identify new suppliers of the highest quality in line with business objectives
• Assist with managing contract adherence, supplier performance and ensuring purchasing practices are achieved or exceeded
• Assist with maintaining and monitoring pricing files
• To train hotels in e-procurement best practice and monitor activity