about 1 month ago
Our Golf Operations team are looking for a Tournament Co-ordinator to manage the delivery of our five star corporate golf days for guests visiting out championship course and using our dedicated Players’ Lounge and hotel facilities.
Reporting to the Tournament & Golf Services Manager, the TC will provide high levels of service to customers from enquiry through to delivery on the day. The TC will work with the corporate sales team to ensure all groups are confirmed, contracted and co-ordinated and the event is organised successfully.
This truly exciting opportunity will suit someone who is experienced in organising golf events and has experience working with corporate clients within a premium golf environment.
* Coordinates, prepares and distributes the correct starting requirements for each event following the groups final details being received.
* Ensure they are available for any last minute requirements; alterations as well as maintaining contracted agreements.
* Advise the Head of Golf Operations of future events in order to facilitate proper staffing levels, and effectively liaise and interact with other hotel departments involved in each corporate group.
* To maximise merchandise sales and other golf services to each corporate customer.
* Liaises with the corporate golf sales team for follow up on after sales service.
* To maintain a thorough understanding of the golf operations, which include course rotation, tournament play and tee sheet management.
* Updates all relevant management systems (Delphi, Resort Suite, Tournament Management System) to ensure 100% accuracy for Banquet Event Orders, Player Numbers and Operation Information.
* Implements, changes and follows up and all policy and procedures, standards of operation for group golf.
* Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Director of Golf, which will include cross training to assist in other areas of the operations.
* Attend all staff meetings and communicate any relevant information back to the golf team.
* Works with the Head of Golf Sales to respond to enquiries and help with planning of events as the business requires.
* To be responsible and accountable for the golf events business by conducting and co-ordinating the group golfing experience from enquiry to event whilst delivering a 5* service, a positive experience and a targeted business return.
* Ensures The Grove internal event calendar is scheduled with advice of Head of Golf Sales while also liaising with Marketing & PR teams to maximise exposure of events.
Desired experience & attributes:
* Relevant experience of corporate/group/society golf coordination
* Knowledge of golf reservation systems and point of sale systems
* Experience within a premium, service driven environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Organised with a strong attention to detail
* Team player