about 1 month ago
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world with a family of 16 brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express and Crowne Plaza. More than 400,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and our corporate offices in 100+ countries. IHG is a FTSE 100 company and listed on the London Stock Exchange. It is headquartered in Denham, Buckinghamshire, UK.
With an award-winning culture, IHG’s employer brand is brought to life through offering colleagues ‘Room to grow’.
Global Corporate Affairs
The role of Manager, Global Corporate Communications, sits in IHG’s Global Corporate Communications team, which comprises external and internal communications and editorial professionals. This team is part of IHG’s Global Corporate Affairs (GCA) function, led by the Executive Vice President, GCA (a member of IHG’s Executive Committee).
GCA is made up of around 100 people working across corporate affairs disciplines including Internal and External corporate communications, Brand PR, Government Affairs, Content and Editorial, and Corporate Responsibility.
Your day to day
Based in Denham, UK, the role of Manager, Global Corporate Communications, is focused on external communications.
Working closely with a fellow Manager, Global Corporate Communications, the purpose of the role is to support the Head of Global External Corporate Communications to deliver against a comprehensive corporate communications strategy, whilst championing a high-quality, collaborative and fully integrated working approach.
* Develop and drive IHG’s CEO and corporate social media strategy
* Oversee IHG’s corporate website to ensure it remains fresh, relevant and in line with best practice
* Drive external engagement programmes to support global executive-level spokespeople
* Support regional, commercial and brand PR teams to develop and deliver their respective external engagement programmes
* Work closely with Head of Global External Corporate Communications to manage IHG’s corporate press office
* Day-to-day lead for IHG’s external Responsible Business communications
* Lead delivery of relevant GCA team duties – e.g. internal updates and reporting
* Support all aspects of IHG’s financial calendar communications activity
What we need from you
IHG has ambitious plans to grow our world leading brands, demonstrate our commitment to responsible business and to continue creating a great place to work, and we need a passionate expert communicator to help bring our progress to life for external audiences.
The role will require strong interpersonal, team-working and organisational skills, the ability to work flexibly to meet project deadlines, and the maturity to partner with senior leadership.
* Bachelor's or master's degree in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
* Experience working in a global business / matrixed organisation with international interdependencies
* Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with a level of ambiguity and according to business constraints
* Experience of the day-to-day workings of a communications function, either in-house or from an agency perspective
* Extensive project management / client account handling experience
* High level of technical capability and knowledge of the inner workings of social media. Includes knowledge of paid social media strategies and on-platform / audience analytics
* Engaging individual who takes pride in their work and embraces accountability with a desire to grow their career
* Proven ability to build strong working relationships and to work collaboratively
* Very strong written and verbal communications skills
* Commitment to producing quality work, underpinned by appropriate levels of interrogation and high attention to detail
* Quick to understand and accurately articulate complex information
* High sensitivity to the nuances of language and range of stakeholder perspectives
* Highly creative with ability to adapt content for different channels
* Natural curiosity as to how things work; a passion for news; high awareness of key macro-issues and evolving communications backdrop; appetite to understand issues faced by IHG’s competitors / other large organisations and how they’re communicating
* Highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite – esp. Word, PowerPoint, Excel
* Highly proficient with Adobe suite – esp. Photoshop, PremierPro
* Proficient in producing quote cards, GIFs, animations etc.
* Ability to produce and manipulate content using smartphone / online resources e.g. photography, filming, editing (e.g. iMovie), content creation
* Social media – working knowledge of Sprinklr platform (desirable)
What we offer you
We believe that we’ve got where we are today because of our people, so we want to reward you for your hard work and dedication.You will be based in our picturesque Denham based Global Head Office, located just a short drive from the A40 and easily accessible from Central London. IHG offers a strong benefits package alongside your salary; including worldwide hotel discounts, attractive and flexible working hours and a subsidised restaurant.As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing date for all applications is: 12th of February, 2021.