3 months ago
General Manager - Soho House & Co
Who We Are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, spread across Europe, the UK and America. We offer a range of cuisines from rustic Italian to modern British. Working with us as Bars Manager, you will have fun, get inspirational training, develop your career and have the chance to work with us around the globe, all whilst receiving great pay and benefits.
Soho House Dean Street is one of our most recent additions to our collection of member’s clubs in London. It is home to a Library Bar, open air courtyard, parlour, a 50-seat cinema, live music venue, as well as a House Kitchen - an informal, open-plan dining area. Our bartenders will be whipping up classic cocktails with a modern twist. Our chefs prepare contemporary British cuisine with French influence, using carefully sourced ingredients within and around the UK.
If you are passionate about food and have at least 2-3 years of previous experience as General Manager in a fast-paced and high volume restaurant, then we want to hear from you.
• To uphold and comply with Mystery Shopper Standards at all times.
• Lead Hotel and Club to meet and/or exceed financial obligations and profitability through overseeing and actively participating in sales, labour productivity, cost control, and effective purchasing including anticipating revenue/cost problems and managing the timing of discretionary expenditures.
• Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Hotel and Club and company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as well as all franchise mandated policies, procedures, and standards, as applicable.
• Lead, participate in, and manage the process of accurately developing, coordinating, revising within the planning procedures established by the Corporate Office, including the Annual Budget, Annual Marketing Plan, Annual Capital Expenditure Plan, and Forecasts/Re-forecasts.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with management team to include relaying pertinent information to subordinates, communicating expectations and appreciation, share "big picture," and communicating Departmental, Hotel and Club, and Corporate goals and objectives.
• Promote cooperation and teamwork while supporting company philosophy and policies.
• Provide a professional image at all times. Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics. Be attentive and genuine with staff.
• Take immediate actions to resolve problems that are encountered on property, ensure Department Heads take immediate actions to resolve problems.
• Lead monthly Department Head meetings; ensure Department Heads are conducting monthly department meetings with their team.
• Act as liaison between Hotel and Club and Corporate Office.
• Assist Department Heads with the development and implementation of specialized incentive/recognition programs for line level employees. Develop, support and administer an effective employee relations program to include employee coaching & counselling process, employee recognition programs, ensure a positive and supportive work environment; Act as a liaison between Hotel and Club staff and management as needed.
• Physically tour and visually inspect property on a daily basis monitoring property condition, cleanliness, and quality of product and service throughout the Hotel and Club. Greet and maintain rapport with employees and guests.
• Oversee and approve staffing levels/scheduling within budgetary guidelines and in accordance with operational needs.
• Provide disciplinary action when, and if necessary.
• Ensure all employees have the tools they need to perform their jobs.
• Supervise/counsel departmental managers in the effective and efficient operation of their respective area(s). Meet with, develop, and delegate improvement plans for operation.
• Develop staff to include mentoring/empowering staff and identifying growth potential and setting objectives to achieve next level position.
• Fulfil Duty Manager responsibilities.
• Maintain an Open Door Policy for line staff and management.
• Ensure that all Department Heads are completing all job responsibilities as required and to company standard.
• Participate in the interviewing process for management candidates and non management candidates as needed.
• Understand, maintain, and enforce fire prevention and emergency procedures to ensure the safety of all staff and guests.
• Monitor service trends by engaging with Hotel and Club guests, reviewing guest comment cards and emails; make changes as necessary.
• Understand roles and responsibilities of department heads to ensure accuracy and quality of work, able to step in if and when necessary.
• Participate in development of department requests and budgets for CapEx; approve CapEx projects prior to commencement.
• Participate in neighbourhood organizations, government, charities to promote community awareness and acceptability of the Hotel and Club.
• Must have 3-5 years related experience in food & beverage operations with a proven track record of leading a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented operation.
• A four-year Degree in Hospitality and/or Restaurant Management preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of Hotel and Club operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, human resources and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, rehabilitation plans, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, Hotel and Club law and regulations, and the development of long-range planning.
• Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, delegate, and control.
• Ability to read, writes, speak, and understand the English language to communicate with management and staff - being persuasive, clear, and to the point. Written communication skills to be concise, well-organized, complete, clear, and understandable in order to formulate complex reports and communicate with the public, staff, corporate office, and owner.
• Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
• Ability to travel to various sites on and off Hotel and Club property and continuously performs essential job functions.
Soho House can progress your career
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
An extensive range of internally and
externally run courses are available
for all employees.
COOKHOUSE & HOUSE TONIC
Celebrating our passion for food
and drink. Check out our monthly
calendars and get involved in trips,
trainings and events. Available to all.
From fitness sessions to cinema
screenings and art classes, each
month we hold a series of fun events
which you can sign up to.
Whilst on duty in our Houses &
Restaurants you will be provided
with a substantial meal free of charge.