7 months ago
General Manager - Crowne Plaza Glasgow
Crowne Plaza Glasgow, Congress Road, Glasgow , G3 8QT
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels.
The Crowne Plaza Glasgow is an impressive hotel overlooking the River Clyde and directly linked to the SECC located beside the Science & Technology Park. The hotel includes 283 bedrooms, Meeting Centre facilities for up to 800 delegates, Mariner Restaurant, Mariner Bar and a Health and Fitness Club.
An opportunity has arisen for a General Manager who can demonstrate effective leadership skills, a passion for employee engagement, financial acumen second to none, a desire for exceptional customer service, and possess natural sales ability.
The General Manager role involves a wide range of responsibilities including: growing all Revenue using revenue management techniques and tools to outperform the local market, demonstrating sound commercial skills and excellence in financial disciplines. Compliance : to brand standard and legal requirements are a given for the General Manager. Creating and leading a motivated, engaged and high performing team and ensuring customer satisfaction measures are strong positive indicators of passion and service commitment for the General Managers role.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who can drive commerciality through caring and pride. Being personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the General Manager role include:
• Providing leadership which utilises the full potential of the team.
• Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments.
• Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
• Setting measurable performance standards, objectives and goals to be achieved.
• Improving quality and service standards by paying attention to detail.
• Anticipating potential problems and business opportunities within the planning process.
• Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
• Focusing on producing results through encouraging high achievement.
The successful applicant must have previous experience as a General Manager within a branded environment, possess strong commercial acumen, have good knowledge of current legislation including Health and Safety, Food Safety, Liquor Licensing and Employment Law. The successful applicant must have proven experience in leading and motivating Managers and Team Members.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including contributory pension and private medical insurance.
• Valor Hospitality Europe has established itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the General Manager position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.
about 1 month ago
only 18 days until close
27 days ago
only 16 hours until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close