8 months ago
The ultimate hotel management company, with a passion for excellence and innovation, honouring the individuality and heritage of its iconic hotels.
Our team at The Dorchester are sophisticated and welcoming, just like the hotel itself. We seek well-travelled and worldly individuals who take pleasure in sharing their experience and knowledge with our guests.
We care for our people, guests, owners and environment by living and breathing our values. We work together, celebrating everyone’s contribution and success.
Our passion for providing the world’s best service is reflected in our knowledge that we’re guardians of this London legend and its historic legacy. In choosing a career with The Dorchester, you’ll notice our great respect for other peoples’ cultures, values and customs, with over 55 nationalities employed at the hotel. We are now seeking a General Cashier to join our team.
We offer our General Cashier the world’s best pay and benefits:
* Very generous Employee Introductory Scheme offered
* World-class training and development
* Complimentary nights with breakfast within Dorchester Collection
* 50% F&B discount at selected restaurants within Dorchester Collection
* The successful General Cashier will be able to participate in a variety of social events and Corporate Social Responsibility activities throughout the year
* Fantastic pension scheme
* Meals provided while on duty
* Uniforms provided or complimentary dry-cleaning
* English language workshops provided free of charge
* UK resident card loan
All the above benefits will add up to £6,700 per annum to your employment package.
General Cashier role overview:
* As a General Cashier you will be responsible for overseeing, managing and coordinating the cash collection and administration activities for The Dorchester and 45 Park Lane hotels, with a view to increase audit assurance
* You must provide effective day to day communication & financial service support for managers & colleagues
* Your responsibilities will involve the reconciliation of the hotel’s cashiers floats and you will also need to correct any discrepancy in operating working practices by the front of house team, in regard of cash management and administration as soon as these are revealed
* You will also be required to reconcile the control accounts relating to cash on the balance sheet on a daily basis in conjunction with Income Audit as well as to administer the petty cash function of the company
* Being the General Cashier you must provide support to the Financial and Assistant Financial Controller in various business activities
The ultimate hotel management company, The Dorchester attracts, develops and inspires the world’s best talent. Care to join us?