29 days ago
In a Nutshell
We are a group of fabulous Hotels Collection set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people A great team.
We are actively seeking a skilled Gardener to join our grounds team and assist in the maintenance and ongoing improvement of the hotels gardens and grounds to include the terrace, ponds and kitchen gardens.
Lots to do but lots of fun
The Gardener will be responsible for:
* Working as part of a team to ensure that expectations are exceeded at all times in all areas of the gardens.
* Supporting the gardens and maintenance teams in delivering exceptional standards in the grounds.
* Performing all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
* Ensuring that the car parks, driveways and entrances are immaculate at all times especially during icy weather, leaf dropping and such.
* Maintaining the view from inside the property and ensuring all climbers are maintained away from the windows.
* Undertaking seasonal work; hedge cutting, trees, shrubs, roses, trimming etc.
* Cutting and maintain the lawns (feeding etc) to ensure a perfect lawn for our guests.
* Ensuring the grounds are well maintained to meet the guest’s expectations.
* All beds and borders must be kept weed free and planted out with bedding plants.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Gardener will have:
* Previous experience of gardening with a genuine interest or desire to progress in horticulture
* Ability to work both as part of a team or unsupervised
* Experience of handling gardening machinery and the required certificates of competence
* Attention to detail
* Physical fitness and stamina
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about people and we are committed to our people. We make sure you are happy and well rewarded, so that you pass that happiness onto our guest. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
* Competitive salary
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
* Complimentary car parking
* Perkz discount scheme
* Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
* Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but well give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We dont want you to hide your personality when youre at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. Youve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then were not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you're happy to help, you have to mean it.