9 months ago
Full time, Part time or Casual Kitchen Porter
The Landmark London is recruiting for a Kitchen Porter.
Are you passionate about world class service and you would like to start or continue your career in one of the Leading Hotels of the World?
To thank you for your hard work and loyalty, some of the excellent benefits you will enjoy are:
Competitive salary + service charge + paid overtime
• 28 days paid holiday, including bank holidays (Increased holiday entitlement with length of service)
• Uniform and free dry cleaning for uniforms
• Free meals whilst on duty
• Health checks and life assurance cover - death in service scheme
• Long service awards
• 50% discount in our outlets (including sister properties)
• Discounted Accommodation as well as Spa Treatments for team members and their friends & family (including sister properties)
• Recommend a Friend scheme
• Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
• Discretionary Hotel Sick Pay after 6 months of service
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Annual Staff Party / GEM Recognition Scheme
• Landmark Development Academy & Sponsorship towards college course fees - conditions apply
• The Landmark Choir
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a passionate Kitchen Porter, to join our Stewarding Department. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and welcoming team on a permanent or casual basis, and help us to consistently deliver memorable moments and five star service to our guests and each other.
At The Landmark London, our purpose is to enrich the journeys of our people and our guests and as a Kitchen Porter, your main duties will include:
• To maintain clean, hygienic and safe standards within kitchen and BOH areas.
• To ensure cleanliness of work areas and maintenance of various cleaning equipment is to established standards
• To ensure floors are kept clean at all times.
• To ensure all dirty equipment is cleaned and sanitised to standard set in pot wash areas.
• To ensure that silver, glassware, chinaware and kitchen equipment are properly washed, cleaned, dried and stored according to established standards.
• To ensure that the use of chemicals and machinery is adhered to as per COSHH and training standards in the department and not to use any machine or chemical if you have not been trained in their use.
As a Full-time Kitchen Porter, you will be required to work 40 hours per week, on a shift rota
As a Part-time Kitchen Porter, you will offered flexible hours that will be confirmed during your interview.
As a Casual Kitchen Porter, you will work as many hours as you may wish, just make sure to let your Manager or Supervisor know and they will schedule you accordingly.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate for this position as Kitchen Porter will demonstrate the following company values:
• Respect – I will treat others as I would like to be treated
• Integrity – I will deliver what I promise to deliver
• Continuous Improvement – I will actively seek out opportunities for improvement and take action
• Fun – I will bring positive energy to support a happy environment
• Team Work – I will effectively cooperate with team members in order to achieve shared goals together.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Landmark London is a proud member of the Leading Hotels of the World and has recently been recognised as the AA Hotel of the year 2019-20 and one of the Sunday Times top 10 Best Companies to work for in the UK in 2019.
The Landmark London is a three-time winner of ‘Visit London's Best Hotel in London’ award and currently has been awarded with Platinum status in the ‘Investors in People’ accreditation.
We drive our business from the front line, with strong values and vision to support this. We empower our front line team to make decisions and value their input in the operations, with the guidance of Management and Executive teams.
222 Marylebone Rd, Marylebone, London NW1 6JQ, UK
By applying you confirm you have these skills.