10 months ago
At RBH we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
We have commenced our search for a Front Office Manager to support lead the opening of the Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel. Reporting to the Deputy General Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Ensuring the smooth running and organisation of Reception and the nights team
* Leading, training and developing all front office employees
* Prepare rota’s taking into considerations business trends and wage budgets
* Ensuring the well being and satisfaction of all guests
* Duty Manager shifts
* Communicating with other managers and departments
This is a hands on role and the successful applicant must be able to display great leadership skills, deliver excellent customer service, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care.
Where Will You Be Working?
The spectacular 4-star Mercure Bristol Holland House Hotel with 275 spacious and contemporary bedrooms, 12 conference rooms on a dedicated events floor, Urban Bar & Kitchen, large indoor heated pool, fitness suite, good transport links and onsite parking.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for a Front Office Manager to lead and join the team at The Mercure Bristol Holland Hose Hotel in our Passionate Front Office department.
The Front Office Manager is responsible for the day to day running of reception and nights, for upholding and coaching 4* service standards and is proactively involved in revenue strategy.
As Front Office Manager you will have the opportunity to deliver exceptional service and create lasting impressions.
As the main point of contact for all of our guests you will need to be a warm and motivated individual with an indisputable desire to exceed expectation.
In a fast past environment that is front office you will need to be well organized with proven front office skills.
Overview of duties
"• Ensures that guests' have a smooth running stay at the hotel
• Manages and motivates front office teams in order to provide high quality services for guests
• Ensures the department meets its quantitative and qualitative targets
• Increases revenue through his/her sales efforts and by managing rooms revenue effectively (Revenue Management)
• Implements brand and Group projects and identity features (@ll the keys to the city, service certification for France and LeClub etc)" Main responsibilities Customer relations "
• Maintains close relationships with guests throughout their stay
• Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into consideration
• Handles guest complaints if they have not been dealt with by team members and provides a rapid solution
• Conveys the hotel's image" Professional techniques / Production "
• Ensures that the hotel's pricing policy is correctly applied (price value, start and end of price validity)
• Keeps the database up-to-date
• Ensures that guest documentation and information is available and up-to-date
• Ensures that information in the directory and e-directory is clear and up-to-date Draws up the rules and processes governing overbooking and the removal of guests from rooms
• Ensures that internal audit procedures are duly applied" Team management and cross-departmental responsibilities "
• Develops employees' motivation and team spirit by creating a good working atmosphere
• Takes part in or validates recruitments
• Organises the welcome and integration of new employees
• Prepares and/or checks work schedules in line with activity forecasts
• Carries out annual performance appraisals for team members and sets targets
• Draws up the training plan and follows up implementation
• Helps employees improve their skills and provides support for career development
• Applies labour legislation" Commercial / Sales
• Ensures the brand and/or Group's loyalty programme is promoted to guests
• Ensures the team applies the inter-hotel coordination policy to encourage synergy within the marketplace" Management and administration "
• Ensures that invoicing and cash operations procedures are respected
• Updates dashboard charts (revenue, occupancy rates, average room rate, activity forecasts, headcount planning, etc)
• Draws up the annual budget for the department, analyses results and implements any corrective actions required
• Manages the department's headcount for optimum efficiency
• Is responsible for the efficient running of the department" Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment "
• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy
• Applies and ensures application of the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the ""Planet 21"" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)
• Is responsible for the safety of people and property in the area under his/her remit" We sincerely thank everyone who takes the time to apply for this position. Mercure and its people Hotels with individuality, passion for service and committed to quality and guest satisfaction. Join a team of warm and friendly professionals who will share their love for hospitality
What's In It For You?
People love to work with RBH because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There's open, clear communication from the top
* We've got great career development opportunities
* There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Everyday discounts from high street retailers
* Opportunities to be involved in charity and community events
* Career opportunities, training and help with course fees
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Free meals on duty
* Healthcare plans and Insurance plans (just in case)
The Bigger Picture
With a real focus on performance, people, quality, profit and communities at RBH we transform hotels.
RHB is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!