8 months ago
The Met Hotel, Leeds
You cannot miss The Met Hotel – its distinctive, terracotta-tiled façade is immediately eye-catching, and it’s Grade II listed to boot. Inside, you’ll find 120 bedrooms and a total of 18 meeting rooms.
Front Office Manager
What is the main purpose of the role?
Our Front Office Manager will be someone who takes control, accountability and ownership for the management of both the Reception and Night departments. You’ll promote a positive environment where colleagues are multi skilled to ensure the guest always receives the friendliest and most efficient service possible, while also positively approaching any sales opportunity to maximise sales revenue and exceed budgeted sales targets.
Working closely with your team, you’ll make sure that all colleagues are aware of each day’s business such as any VIPs of the day and any special requirements that may be needed. We are looking for someone with the ability to quickly build strong rapports as the role requires the frequent liaison with a range of other departments such as Housekeeping and Maintenance
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who ideally has Front Office Manager experience within a similar sized hotel with the ability to really motivate their teams and delegate effectively. A strong knowledge of the hotel/leisure sector is also key, alongside excellent organisation and time management skills.
Exceptional communication skills are a real necessity, and you’ll need to be able to build effective and strong working relationships with a range of key stakeholders in the business, as well as create a rapport with guests.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
Please take a look.