8 months ago
Overview of duties
• Ensures that guests' stay at the hotel runs smoothly
• Manages and motivates front-office teams in order to provide high quality services to guests
• Contributes to guest satisfaction by providing a high standard of service in line with norms and procedures
• Helps the department meet its targets
• Helps increase hotel revenue through his/her sales efforts
• Adopts appropriate ibis Styles service-oriented behaviours and attitudes, focussing on the brand's values: Modernity, Simplicity, Well-being"
• Is regularly available in the hotel lobby and reception, brings the social area to life and promotes the brand and hotel's offers depending on each type of clientele
• Develops high quality relationships with guests, applying the ibis Styles hospitality policy from the moment they arrive and throughout the whole stay, in order to encourage loyalty
• Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into account
• Handles any guest complaints that are not settled directly by team members"
Professional techniques / Production
• Knows all about ibis Styles' special features and informs guests about the formalities, any special conditions relating to their stay and the services available
• Organises arrivals and departures, encouraging guests to check out at times other than on departure
• Coordinates room allocation, handling any switches as necessary
• Communicates with the other departments whenever needed
• Ensures that guest documentation is available and up-to-date"
Team management and cross-departmental responsibilities
• Anticipates needs and organises recruitment for the team
• Ensures the team operates smoothly: prepares the work schedules taking each person's skills into account, leads, motivates, creates a good working atmosphere...
• Carries out annual performance appraisals for his/her employees, sets targets and provides support for career development
• Prepares the team's training plan and follows up implementation
• Ensures compliance with labour legislation
• Informs and listens to, consults and involves the team in the life of the hotel and network, allocating responsibility as appropriate"
Commercial / Sales
• Trains the team to use the appropriate sales pitches and supervises implementation
• Sets daily occupancy rate and average room rate targets for the team
• Helps define the pricing and rooms strategy
• Ensures the brand and/or Group's loyalty programme is promoted to guests
• Ensures the team applies the inter-hotel coordination policy to encourage synergy within the marketplace
• Ensures high standards of service and the fulfilment of the brand's quality promise; encourages guests to post comments on the interactive Visitors' Book"
Management and administration
• Draws up the department's annual budget, analyses results and implements any corrective actions required
• Ensures that invoicing and cash operations procedures are respected
• Updates dashboard charts (revenue, occupancy rates, average room rate, activity forecasts, headcount planning, etc)
• Manages the department's headcount for optimum efficiency"
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy
• Applies and ensures application of the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the ""Environment Charter"" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)"
Apply for Job