about 1 month ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Front of House Training Manager
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Front of House in Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow
* To deliver a smooth calendar of training in accordance with the company procedures across all areas of the Front of House Department.
* To assist in leading the operation of service excellence across all areas of the Front of House Department.
* To ensure that Training is targeted, constantly reviewed and meets the needs of the department in order of establish a winning, motivated guest service team.
* To ensure our employees have the right learning and development to support them in their roles and develop skills. This work contributes to the goal of 100% engagement of employees who commit to Edwardian Hotels London and enjoy coming to work to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Liaise with the front of house managers to ascertain training needs within the department.
* Support the front of house manager in delivering ad-hoc training sessions when needed.
* Together with the L and D department, develop core trainings for each role within the front of house division with the aim of developing skills and promoting progression.
* Create a robust and measurable succession plan for all positions within the division.
* Create 90 days training plan/s for new starters and ensure all training is completed by holding HODs accountable for ensuring all training are signed off for successful completion of 90 days.
* Ensure consistency in training throughout the front of house department.
* Keep and maintain up to date training records for the front of house division.
* Deliver Opera training and Service Excellence training for new starters as well as any other core trainings specific for the front of house team.
* Responsible for training and developing new trainers within the front of house teams.
* Responsible for creating and delivering new training as and when required in line with the company vision for service delivery, guest engagement and host engagement.
* Drive the team to maximise guest engagement by devising trainings bespoke to the hotels individual challenges and assisting front of house managers with training delivery.
* Develop individuals by affectively communicating objectives and performance through regular one to ones.
* Create (when required) standard operating procedures to ensure service delivery in line with company standards.
* Ensure all front of house team members have a sound knowledge of the services and facilities offered by Edwardian Hotels.
* Aid with the recruitment process and processing of new starters.
* Create reports for monthly meetings.
* Collaborate with the service operations team to ensure company and departmental objectives are being translated to the front of house teams in training sessions/modules as and when required.
* Ensures that all the training equipment and room is up to the required standards
* Partner with the front office managers to ensure they are communicating performance expectations and provides employees with on-going feedback, bi-monthly job chats and 360 appraisals every 6 months.
* Ensure that you are consistently giving feedback to HODs and staff members.
* Proven experience in Learning and Development or Hotel Reservations.
* IT applications: Microsoft Office suite of applications, Opera.
* Has a good level of knowledge regarding adult learning principles and understands a wide range of training techniques, methods and formats.
* Ability to design, develop, implement and analyse training plans.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Team player with outstanding inter-personal, negotiation and organizational skills.
* The ability to demonstrate a YIC attitude to both the internal and external customer
* Ensures that his/her work is accurate and thorough by maintaining standards to a high degree
* Has the ability to demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results
* To get things done through personal influence and credibility is effective at building relationships with others
* Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first and effectively manage resources and time.
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.