8 months ago
Our role of Front of House Team Member works as part of our Front of House team, reporting in to the Front of House Manager.
The purpose of this role is to maximise our guest's customer service experience, by working to the highest standards in terms of efficiency and friendliness, and to ensure that all expectations are exceeded.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / MAIN DUTIES
* Carry out handover procedures at start and end of duty shift ensure all are familiar with VIP's & Regular Guests.
* Ensure that arrival & departure experience is friendly and efficient.
* Actively organise, oversee and maintain high levels of service within designated areas; inclusive of Executive Lounge and FOH areas.
* Ensure that all opportunities are taken both to promote products to our guests and increase customer base.
* Has an operational knowledge of all reception services and procedures, together with reservations systems, switchboard, other internal / external communication methods and guest services.
* Write, read handover logs, incident reports and follow-up with appropriate action.
* Ensure that senior management are kept informed of problems and opportunities.
* Check on guest satisfaction.
* Be present and provide support as required across departments in the hotel (e.g. Reception during busy check-in/out, Restaurant during breakfast).
* Liaise with Heads of Department and Managers to ensure that lines of communication are open and used.
* Carry out inspection tours of the hotel and grounds.
* Handle problems and difficult situations on behalf of senior management if not on site.
* Handle GRM keys, stock and inventory.
* Assist in other departments during emergencies or as deemed necessary by the Operations Manager / General Manager.
* Carry out other duties/tasks including VIP and regular guest recognition, profile updates and signature recognition as well as pre-check-ins and amenity distribution.
* Liaise with advanced reservations, for the transfer and acceptance of all bookings. Check that room allocation and up-grades are conducted competently, with particular regard to corporate and regular guests, special customer requests, VIP visitors etc.
* Promote active room stock management, attaining maximum revenue, occupancy and room rates. Optimise on chance and on-the-day enquiries/bookings. Promote company referral/onward bookings, together with the hotel's other services and facilities, (e.g. restaurant bookings).
* Deal with customer complaints/compliments and make compensatory allowances within agreed function limits.
* Assist with team training �" departmental induction, job skills, safety and other statutory requirements.
* Control departmental costs and expenses within budget. Encourage energy saving and other environmental initiatives, without detrimental effect on service or safety.
What we look for
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
* Highly guest focussed with a passion for great service and a drive for guest satisfaction.
* Comfortable in the front facing role
* Empathetic and able to build relationships
* An open personality who is relaxed and natural in their interactions
* Accurate with good attention to detail
* Able to create a positive first impression and be an ambassador for the brand and GLH
* Can demonstrate commercial awareness within the context of their role
What's in it for you?
* Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
* Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across the Guoman and Thistle group
* A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
* The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
* Pension and Healthcare schemes
* Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty