about 1 year ago
Front of House Supervisor
* London Heathrow
Renaissance London Heathrow is one of the original airport hotels in Heathrow’s steeped in history. The hotel is managed by the Arora Group.
Being the closest hotel to Terminals 2 and 3 and post-renovation the hotel features 710 guest rooms including suites. London is the ‘theme’ of the newly renovated Renaissance Heathrow, with its vibrancy reflected in the lobby leading to Bar Eleven which takes its inspiration from the London Underground.
Facilities include 17 meeting rooms with a capacity of 500 delegates. The hotel is frequented by leisure and corporate guests.
“7 February 1952: Princess Elizabeth returned to the United Kingdom as Queen Elizabeth II. She arrived on the BOAC Argonaut Atlanta, on an area of the airport now home to the 'Market Garden Restaurant' at Renaissance London Heathrow”
Renaissance London Heathrow today is as an invigorated historical icon immersed in airport luxury.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front of House Supervisor to join the growing team.
Do you want to be a part of a great company?
When it comes to customer service, creating a truly welcoming environment and combining this with superb facilities for our guests whether travelling on business or leisure, Arora Hotels really do stand out from the crowd.
As a Front of House Supervisor you will ensure the efficient and effective running of the shift. Your role will be to assist in maximising occupancy and average room rate, ensuring the highest standard of customer service is provided, and to take responsibility in the absence of the Duty Manager, the Assistant Front of House Manager and the Front of House Manager. You will provide the highest level of service in a courteous and professional manner by following standards of hospitality and adhering to Company guidelines and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Front of House Supervisor
- Ensuring all team members correctly follow all Front of House standards of procedure
- Supporting the Management team to meet department objectives
- Being proactive in resolving all guest issues
- Handling all duties according to hotel policies, particularly conforming to cash handling procedures at all times
- Assisting with the training of new policies & procedures for ambassadors
- Having knowledge about the hotel, local area and attractions and taking charge and being responsible for the Front of House team in the absence of the Front of House Management Team
Skills & Experience required by the Front of House Supervisor
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably in a similar size property, with a good understanding of Front Office operations
- Excellent English Language communication skills and numeracy skills
- Strong organisational skills
- A smart and professional appearance
- The ability to use their own initiative in challenging situations and under pressurised conditions
- The ability to lead, support and motivate others
- The confidence to deal with guests and fellow ambassadors
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) is essential, and knowledge of Opera (property management system) and MARSHA (Marriott reservation system) is preferred
- The flexibility to work various shifts as per business needs
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to become our Front of House Supervisor, please click apply now. We’d love to hear from you!