21 days ago
Responsible for the management of all front office functions in accordance with hotel standards. Directs implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective associate.
* Maintains complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
* Ensures that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
* Maintains complete knowledge at all times of:
1. All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
2. All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and location.
3. All room rates, special packages and promotions.
4. Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
5. Room availability status for any given day.
6. Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
7. All hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
* Meets with Front Desk Assistant Managers, Front Desk, PBX supervisors and Head Bellman on regular basis to review business status and ongoing projects.
* Accesses a function of computer system according to established procedures and standards.
* Answers department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
* Checks Front Desk and storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness. Instructs designated personnel to rectify and cleanliness/organization deficiencies.
* Establishes par levels for supplies and equipment. Completes requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
* Monitors and ensure that Front Desk area, including lobby and concierge area, are kept clean and organized and manned at all times.
* Ensures that current information on rates, packages and promotions are available at the Front Desk and that all associate is knowledgeable on such.
* Reviews the daily business levels, anticipate critical situations and plan effective solutions to best expedite these situations.
* Reviews the previous day's occupancy, room revenues and labor hours.
* Is able to prepare and review weekly work schedules for all respective departments in accordance with associateing guidelines and labor forecasts. Adjusts schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
* Ensures that associate reports to work as scheduled. Documents any late or absent associates.
* Coordinates breaks for associate in the different department.
* Assigns work duties to associate in accordance with departmental procedures. Communicates additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identifies situations, which compromise the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
* Conducts pre-shift meeting with associate and reviews all information pertinent to the day's business.
* Inspects grooming and attire of associate; rectifies any deficiencies.
* Inspects plans and ensures that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
* Inspects Open Folio, PMs and open credits to ensure no outstanding amounts
* Constantly monitors associate performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectifies any deficiencies with respective personnel.
* Monitors the check-in/check-out process, ensuring agreement to hotel standards, anticipates critical situations and assists wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
* Monitors safe deposits box procedures; audits accuracy of cards with proper signatures and ensures availability of keys.
* Monitors guest mail collection and ensure that it is processed according to procedures.
* Monitors and ensures that express checkouts are processed through the system correctly in accordance with hotel checkout standards.
* Monitors the associates' interaction with guests, ensuring prompt and courteous service; resolve discrepancies with respective personnel.
* Assists associate with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
* Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with associate to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
* Promotes positive guest relations at all times.
* Ensures security of guestroom access.
* Monitors and ensures that all cashiering procedure comply with Accounting policies and standards:
1. Contracted banks
3. Late charges
4. Petty cash/paid outs
6. Posting charges
7. Making change for guests
8. Cashing personal/travelers checks for guest
9. Payment methods/processing at check-in
10. Settling accounts
11. Closing reports
12. Cashier reports
13. Balancing receipts
14. Dropping receipts of daily work
15. Securing banks at all times
* Assists accounting in researching all disputed charges and contact guests where required to explain disputes regarding Front Desk procedures.
* Assists associate with expediting problem payments.
* Anticipates sold-out situations and know how many rooms are overbooked. Locate alternative accommodations for guests and relocate guests, following hotel policies and procedures.
* Audits surrounding area hotels daily for status of rooms, rates, discount rates and packages. Maintain current list of available locating for relocate situations.
* Reviews the arrival report for accuracy and completeness.
* Ensures that all VIPs are pre-registered according to standards.
* Works closely with Housekeeping and Engineering to ensure accurate status of each room, readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
* Prints special request report and blocks according to specifications.
* Balances room types daily according to departmental procedures.
* Prints credit checks report and review status of each account. Follows up on accounts beyond approved credit limits.
* Reviews resumes for arriving groups; check-in/pre-registration procedures.
* Coordinates delivery time of amenities with Room Service, ensuring timely delivery.
* Monitors VIP arrivals; greets and escorts them to their room.
* Reviews requests for late checkouts and approves according to occupancy. Communicates such to Housekeeping
* Reviews all out-of-order rooms daily with respective departments to determine most current status and estimated date for return to room inventory.
* Prints report on discrepant rooms, researches discrepancies and enters current status accordingly.
* Completes bucket check nightly according to departmental procedures.
* Maintains awareness of undesirable persons on hotel premises and escorts off property. Contacts Security where necessary.
* Ensures all closing duties for associate are completed before associate signs out.
* Conducts ongoing training with existing associate.
* Provides feedback to associate on their performance. Handles disciplinary problems and counsel associates according to hotel standards.
* Fosters and promotes a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and associate moral.
* Prepares and submits daily/weekly payroll records.
* Contacts Engineering directly for repairs.
* Documents pertinent information in department logbook.
* Completes all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards.
* Reviews status of assignments and any follow-up action with on -coming Assistant Manager.
* Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow associates.
* Energizes up-sell programs, monitors performance and sets KPIs for the team in order to achieve departmental goals
* Participates in annual budget for Rooms Division and PBX Departments
* Selects, interviews, hires and trains associate according to Rosewood standards.
* Ensures payroll and purchasing budget is maintained as agreed to in the annual budget review.
* Achieves maximum revenue each month by maintaining the highest possible average rate and occupancy each month.
* All other duties as required.
While at work, (and while on work premises) an associate shall:
* Take reasonable care of their own health and safety.
* Take reasonable care of the health and safety of a person and the workplace, that may be affected by their acts or omission at work;
* Cooperate with full compliance with Hotel’s developed OSHMS policies, OSHMS procedures & operational works instruction in order to protect the health and safety of the people.
* Report to immediate supervisor any situation which they have reason to believe could present a hazards and which they cannot themselves correct;
* Report all OSH incidents and work related injuries; and
* Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided (e.g. Equipment & machineries, PPE, etc.) at the Hotel’s workplace in the interest of health, safety, welfare or protection or management of the workplace.
* Participate in conduct of OSH related planning and implementation in order to achieve the Hotel’s OSH objectives, targets & program.
* Attend all training arranged by Hygiene, Health & Safety Manager such as OSH training, safety Induction, on the job training, tool box talks, etc.
* Held accountable and committed whatever it takes to comply with the company’s OSHMS Policies, OSHMS Procedure, & Operational Works Instruction and any other relevant legislation applies within the organization.
* Held accountable to take care of his own health and safety, other person in the workplace that may be affected by their acts or omission at work.
* To report to his supervisor or respective Manager.
* Experience: Two years’ supervisory experience at a Front Desk preferably in a luxury or ultra-luxury hotel.
* Education: High school diploma; some college.
* General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
* Technical Skills: Ability to suggestively sell available rooms; ability to input and access information into System; ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult guests; ability to perform job functions to standards under pressure; ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guests; ability to work without directs supervision.
* Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
* Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
* Licenses & Certifications: None required.