5 months ago
Posting Date Oct 04, 2018
Job Number 18002SVV
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Courtyard Oxford City Centre, Oxford, Oxfordshire VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Dominvs Hospitality Management Ltd.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Dominvs Group is a hotels, real estate and private equity family owned business with a focus on active asset management and value accretive opportunities. Organised around three core sub sectors; residential, commercial and hospitality each portfolio offers dedicated management, risk and reward dynamics and growth objectives.
* Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, we are looking to recruit an experienced General Manager for our upcoming opening in Oxford, Courtyard by Marriott Oxford City Centre.
* The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-today staff management and guests. He/she should provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximised operations and guest satisfaction. Work very closely with the hotel owners and other management.
* Responsible for managing the hotels management team and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
* The successful candidate will be rewarded by a competitive salary package and assistance with their career development.
* Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the organizational chart.
* Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
* Ensure full compliance to hotel operating controls, SOPs, Policies, Procedures and service standards.
* Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
* Handling complaints and oversee the service recovery procedures.
* Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotels annual Operations Budget, Marketing and Sales plan and Capital Budget.
* Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
* Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the Hotels and management.
* Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long-term strategic goals for the property.
* Developing improvement actions, carry out cost savings.
* Closely monitor the hotel business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
* Ensure that the monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food and Beverage, Admin and General, on target and accurate.
* Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the directors.
* Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the directors.
* Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipments and services.
* Act as a final decision maker in hiring the team.
* Coordination with HODs for the execution of all activities and functions.
* Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with departments heads on a daily basis.
* Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
* Lead in all aspects of business planning.
* Respond to audits to ensure continual improvements is achieved.
* Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition.
* Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal and External audits).
* Responsible for Legalisation, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Fire regulations and other legal requirements.
* The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
* Available to work when needed, including weekends, and nights.
* Experience in a similar role for at least 3 years.
* Excellent and communication skills both written and verbal.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.