6 months ago
Posting Date Oct 25, 2018
Job Number 18002ZUN
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, YTL Hotels & Properties (Manager Europe).The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests. Set tables according to type of event and service standards. Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day. Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc. Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guestsâ€™ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds with assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
All staff must be conversant with the safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures and to adhere to them. They must understand their H&S responsibilities. They must take reasonable steps to ensure their own health and safety, and that of anyone else who may be affected by their actions. Any accident, hazard, incident, event or issue is to be reported to supervisor/manager for recording and for investigation thus permitting further control measures to be implemented. Any safety issues that cannot be dealt with are referred to a senior manager for action. Ensure that they and any of their staff are trained in their working activities and informed of health and safety procedures to ensure competency. Any identified training is duly completed. They should inform their manager/supervisor of any event / activity which they are not trained to deal with. When the fire alarm goes, you have some responsibility to help others in the area you are working. Direct people to come with you as you leave by the nearest exit and ensure that they and others move away from the building.
Policies and Procedures
Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
Follow company and department policies and procedures.
Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service."
* Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
* Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
* Working with Others
* Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
* Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
* Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
* Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
* Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
* Physical Tasks
* Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
* Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds with assistance.
* Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
* Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
* Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
General Food and Beverage Services
* Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
* Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
* Set tables according to type of event and service standards, including types of linens, glassware, plate/chinaware, and silver/flatware, ensuring all supplies meet quality standards.
* Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures), CARE (Control Alcohol Risks Effectively)).
* Assists Management
* Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met.
* Greeting and Seating
* Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and wish them a fond farewell.
* Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
* Beverage/Coffee Cart
* Inspect the cleanliness and presentation all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
* Cash/Bank Handling
* Record transaction in Maitre D system at time of order.
* Steps of Service
* Present physical and accurate check and process payment, adhering to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures including added and received gratuity.
* Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
* Answer questions on menu selections, and check with kitchen staff whenever additional clarification is necessary.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.