10 months ago
Posting Date Oct 02, 2018
Job Number 18002RYB
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Grand Residences by Marriott - Mayfair-London, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
This position will be located at London Regional Office - 86
Fetter Lane London GB EC4A 1BN
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
* Assists in preparation of Audit File for MVCI Europe Ltd, MGRC Management Ltd and 47 Park St Ltd including lead sheet analysis, GAAP adjustments, PBC file and local book MVGL entries.
* Preparation and calculation of entries relating to Europe tax planning.
* Preparation of the UK quarterly VAT returns for the UK entities
* Manage and maintain the Fixed Asset Register for the UK entities
* Preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly management reports.
* Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
* Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures.
* Record, store, and/or analyze information using property software.
* Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data.
* Complete month-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
* Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables.
* Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
* Generate finance/accounting reports from computer system as needed.
* Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers.
* Code documents according to company policies and procedures
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Previous experience working in VAT, audit in a head office (or similar establishment) an advantage
Sound computer literacy with solid working knowledge of Excel is essential
Working knowledge of PeopleSoft General Ledger is desirable
Would suit AAT, ACCA, CIMA studier / part qualified / finalist
Must have a good command of the English language, be able to communicate both written and verbally in a comfortable yet professional manner
This company is an equal opportunity employer.