about 1 year ago
Posting Date Oct 25, 2018
Job Number 1800301E
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Europe Office - London, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating the revenue management functions and inventory strategy for Franchise hotels across all brands, in alignment with agreed core deliverables. Responsible for providing on-going support and training to the Europe based Franchise hotels. Responsible for understanding and communicating various Revenue Management philosophies as they pertain to brand and/or geographic strategies (Europe). Responsible for communicating and educating the hotels on proper pricing, competitive positioning and restrictions as recommended by Marriott’s Revenue Management Systems, and the impact that they may have on the hotels’ revenue strategies.
Anticipated travel: 35% of the time.
* Performs basic tasks: training, analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, programming, research, report generation and software integration.
* Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
* Responsible for own work, with limited supervision, and contributing to team, department and/or business results.
* Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
* Utilising technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
* Establishing priorities for self, and where appropriate, others.
* Allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
* Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
* Performs other duties as appropriate to the business.
Specific Expected Contributions (including duties and responsibilities)
* Understand and deliver against Franchise Revenue Services’ initiatives and philosophies at all times.
* Consistently deliver a set of focused core deliverables to contracted properties.
* Conduct on-site systems diagnostics audits and provide consistent recommendations.
* Deliver training to various team members at contracted properties, ensuring hotel responsibilities are clear and manageable.
* Utilise Marriott’s Revenue Management Systems, Processes and Tools to ensure that revenue and profit are maximised.
* Training of others on Marriott’s Revenue Management Systems, Processes and Tools.
* Analyse competitive performance through the use of market share tools and make recommendations to the hotel.
* Communicate weekly system-generated transient forecast to hotel team.
* Conduct weekly Sales Strategy calls with General Manager and key property staff to educate and evaluate pricing and inventory strategies.
* Ensure that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the inventory systems, managing room authorisations, rates and restrictions.
* Ensures compliance and participation in relevant eCommerce channels.
* Execute pricing through High Performance Pricing, to include promotions, programs, and packages.
* Ensure retail rates are evaluated through One Yield’s Retail Pricing Optimizer and updated based on changes in demand, product, or competitive positioning
* Ensure retail price parity is executed across all booking channels
* Effectively communicate brand specific revenue management philosophies as they pertain to One Yield recommended strategies.
* Communicate brand philosophies to the on-property staff, ensuring understanding and monitoring compliance where appropriate.
* Perform ad-hoc revenue tasks and analysis as directed by Senior Manager, Franchise Revenue Services.
* Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience as follows:
Skills and Knowledge
* Possesses ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
* Previous experience with Franchise hotels and across a variety of brands would be useful however is not essential.
* Possess excellent knowledge of Marriott’s Systems (MARSHA, One Yield and property management systems)
* Has excellent knowledge of revenue management concepts, tactics and processes.
* Has excellent analytical skills and the ability to make recommendations based on that analysis.
* Possesses strong deductive reasoning.
* Possesses attention to details and follows through to conclusion.
* Has strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Possesses strong organisational skills in tasks management.
* Is able to work independently in a multi-task environment.
* Is customer focused and enjoys problem solving.
* Is able to make sound decisions with minimal supervision.
* Experience with multiple brands.
* Demonstrates ability to influence change and decisions.
Education or Certification
* College Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
* Previous revenue management experience (+3 years)
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.