about 1 month ago
De Vere Devonport House
It's where Maritime History meets the modern day and the place where you could sail into your next career move at De Vere Devonport House. Based in Greenwich on a World Heritage site and brimming with character this property offers 99 bedrooms and 13 meeting rooms, an array of events and weddings, a bar and a mouth-watering restaurant; offering plenty of scope for your next career move.
Food & Conference Manager
What is the main purpose of the role?
Take responsibility for the effective management and control of operations in all conference and banqueting rooms and other supporting areas, to the specified standards of the hotel and department, adhering to company and statutory regulations.
Lead and manage the Conference and Banqueting department so that it performs efficiently and effectively. Review, evaluate, plan and take action so that the department achieves its targets. Be present to meet and greet customers checking requirements and passing on relevant information (e.g. fire evacuation procedure, message system, etc.)
The Ideal Candidate
It is essential as the Food and Conference Manager that you have worked at supervisor or assistant level prior to this position and have a good background within Food & Beverage. Have experience of managing and developing a team, along with setting KPI'S to evaluate your teams perfomance. Ideally you will hold a Liquor Licence. The Food & Conference Manager must be passionate about their role, show flair and constantly look for fresh ideas, encouraging creative thinking in the team.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.