about 1 month ago
Do you have experience in Food & Beverage Management?
We are Looking for a Food & Beverage Service Manager, to assist the Food & Beverage Lead in managing our Food & Beverage team, and ensure we are market leading within Reading based at voco Reading. .
Are you looking for a Food and Beverage Service Manager role that will offer you Flexibility, variety, diversity and where you can stamp you mark on the Food & Beverage department?
Based in Reading, at voco Reading our Food & Beverage Services Managers work closely within the operations team and report directly to the Hotel Good & Beverage Lead, this role is at the iconic voco Reading, part of InterContinental Hotels Group a FTSE 100 Company with a Global footprint that specialise in delivering exceptional services to its guests.
As Food & Beverage Service Manager, you will Support the Food and Beverage Lead with the effective and efficient running of the food and beverage teams, with direct responsibility for up to four divisions within the department ensuring financial targets are achieved whilst maintaining the highest of standards to ensure guest expectations is consistently exceeded.
Working closely with the operations team, you'll be committed to maintaining a fully functioning and efficient food & beverage department, with the emphasis on the guest experience.
Our Food & Beverage Service Managers coach and lead the food & beverage team and play a major part in the hotel’s growth and development.
Food and Beverage Service Managers work across the food and beverage departments including: Meeting & Events | Lounge | Pantry | Breakfast | In Room Dining | Minibar | Hotel Restaurant | Hotel Bar | Coffee Shop
* Within context of objectives set by manager, assign tasks, and monitor progress against performance metrics
* Accountable for the day to day performance of agreed divisions, working alongside the team delivering results
* Accountable for the rostering of all team members to ensure the most effective and efficient use of resources to consistently deliver brand standards and exceed guest expectation through service in areas of accountability
* Consistent delivery of operational training needs for all departmental team members
* Ensures work of team is performed consistently within expected standard
* Engages with prospective and confirmed clients to support in the planning of meetings, weddings and social events
* Strives to and succeeds in improving processes, systems and product
* With first-hand experience, recognises departmental challenges and solves multiple undefined problems that may span multiple workflows
* Conducts performance reviews, regular check-ins and responsible for engagement of the team for which they have accountability
* Delivers in the moment coaching to the team as well as regular individual and group trainings
* Shows awareness of market trends and can implement new initiatives
* Steps up to lead food and beverage department when required
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing a people focused Food & Beverage team and have strong people management experience.
* To have management experience (supervisor) of one or more food & beverage departments for 3 or more years in a global hotel brand
* Can perform a variety of activities as needed across all food and beverage departments as a minimum; supervise a large-scale meeting, wedding or social event and host and supervise a service across all meal periods Technical Skills & Knowledge
* Expected to have completed Food Safety Level 2 and completion of other appropriate and relevant courses
* Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes–table reservation and management system, Micros Simphony (or relevant POS) and Quinyx
* Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge with an understanding on critical issues and potential technology and trends in hotel food and beverage
* Can talk to activities that would be required on a food and beverage marketing calendar and recognise show to impact different booking channels
* Upto £14.42 per Hour (£22,500 per annum Based on 130 Hour Monthly Contract)
* Opportunity to Flex up with Business Needs.
* Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
* Company Pension scheme
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (Increasing with Service to a Max 33 Days)
* Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
* Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop your career.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Food & Beverage Service Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK