4 months ago
Food and Beverage Team Leader
Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow, Finnieston Quay, Glasgow, G3 8HN
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe..
The Food and Beverage Team Leader role involves a range of duties, including: assisting in the responsibility for the day to day operation of the Food & Beverage Department comprising the restaurant, bar, room service and meeting rooms. Supervising the food & beverage team, ensuring opening and closing shift procedures are followed, upselling, training & supporting the team to deliver excellent customer service. Ensuring brand values and standards are delivered on every occasion, the Food and Beverage Team Leader is a key member of our food and beverage team.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who are caring and take pride in all that they do. Who are personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Food and Beverage Team Leader role include:
• Identifying customer service problems or issues before they arise.
• Displaying a positive, friendly and informal manner with customers.
• Showing a sense of urgency on behalf of customers and actions requests quickly.
• Undertaking work in a well-organised and systematic way.
• Working effectively with colleagues and other departments.
• Striving for excellence by paying attention to important detail.
• Ensuring promises are kept by following through on customer requests.
• Maximising sales opportunities through upselling, cross-selling and achieving add-on sales.
The successful applicant must have previous experience in food and beverage service in a hotel/hospitality related role, with attention to detail, cash handling and experience of supervising other team members. The successful applicant must be able to work with minimum supervision, be able to work flexible hours on any day of the week.
In return we offer a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package including the opportunity to achieve NVQ/SNVQ qualifications and the use of hotel leisure facilities, uniform and meals on duty.
The Hilton Garden Inn lies on the bank of the River Clyde just to the West of the City Centre. The hotel is in a prime location, with the SEC & SSE Hydro nearby. The hotel is rated as 4 star with 164 guestrooms and a small fitness studio. There are 3 conference rooms ideal for private dining events as well as a newly refurbished Bar & Restaurant concept on site called Recess.
• Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Food and Beverage Team Leader position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.