9 months ago
The Principal Edinburgh George Street
George Street is the smartest address in Edinburgh’s New Town, and The Principal Edinburgh George Street lives up to its location, thanks – in particular – to the recent, multi-million pound renovation of the entire hotel. Elegant designs by Goddard Littlefair are respectful of the original, listed Georgian townhouses that form the heart of the hotel, but provide all the comfort and convenience of modern travel. A brand new restaurant, The Printing Press, champions fresh, seasonal, Scottish produce, whilst Burr & Co. is a lovely little coffee shop. At the heart of the M&E portfolio is the grand King’s Hall, originally built for the Caledonian Insurance Company.
Food and Beverage Operations Assistant
Main purpose of the role:
You’ll be responsible for delivering the highest standard of food and beverages to all our customers, in order to ensure guest satisfaction. Serving customers in a friendly and professional manner, you’ll ensure their food and drink arrives smoothly and efficiently. Responsible for ensuring the food and beverage facilities are always well presented, you’ll always be focused on great customer experience.
This role involves all aspects of the Food & Beverage operation, so you will be required to work within the Restaurant, Room Service and Conference & Banqueting.
The ideal candidate:
We’re looking for someone who is naturally passionate about creating a great hospitality environment that delivers fantastic customer service. Ideally you will:
- Be engaging, outgoing and confident
- Have an eye for detail
- Find achieving great customer service highly motivating
- Be flexible and adaptable to work in different teams with different operational tasks and demands
- Be available to work 5 out of 7 days, on a variety of shift patterns
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty