10 months ago
Posting Date Oct 15, 2018
Job Number 18001CYQ
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Gwent, Wales VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Schedule Seasonal - Full-Time
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
St Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking, birthday gifts, and generous global hotel and product discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Ideally placed in Chepstow, South Wales close to the M48, St Pierre is a picturesque location with two fantastic golf courses where no two days are the same. With an exciting blend of guests and large events, our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and fine dining at our hotel's on-site Morgans Restaurant and recently opened Cast Iron Restaurant.
Food & Beverage Associates at our Marriott Hotels & Country Clubs enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests & events including weddings, golf, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
Specific duties include;
· Preparing and monitor the Restaurant/Bar areas for service and guest comfort
· Providing a warm welcome to guests, advising them of menu options and answering questions about products & services where necessary
· Record all transactions in the MICROS till system at time of order
· Provide food and beverage service, including alcohol and non-vegetarian items
· Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen
· Complete closing duties, including cash handling/banking
· Report any maintenance or security issues to supervisors
· Participate in training when required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.