6 months ago
Posting Date Oct 24, 2018
Job Number 18002XIR
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Preston Marriott Hotel, Preston, Lancashire VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Preston Marriott Hotel:
The Preston Marriott Hotel is a grand Victorian manor house which sits in landscaped gardens and exudes charm and warmth from the moment you arrive. It situated just off the M6 motorway on the outskirts of the city and it easily accessible by car and it is also on a main public transport route. It is the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our Brew Bar and Cast Iron Bar and Grill. It also has fully equipped fitness centre and swimming pool with relaxing Beauty Salon with treatment rooms.
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
* A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent
* Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here
* World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
* Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
* Discounted room nights, meals, and spa access-because your well being means so much
* Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
* Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
Working as part of the Food and Beverage team to provide the highest standards of customer service to exceed guest expectations and deliver the ‘WOW’ factor experience. This position will involve working in all areas of food and beverage outlets which include the Restaurant, Conference and Banqueting, Room Service and Bar areas.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
· Full Time position based at the Preston Marriott Hotel.
· Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Pro-active and reliable
· Strong Team Player
· Able to work on own initiative
· Highly motivated
· Customer service
· Health and safety
· Hygiene procedures
· Cash handling
· High standards of personal appearance
Education or Certification
· Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
To work as directed by the Supervisor /Senior supervisor /Assistant Manager & Manager
To ensure the highest levels of customer care are provided whether in the public eye or back of house areas
To ensure food orders are taken correctly; processed accurately and appropriate payment is received
To ensure all food & beverages are served efficiently and in accordance with the set standards and time scales and buffet services are kept in pristine condition and fully replenished
Be able to recommend knowledgeably menu items, accompaniments, beverages & wines
Complete all required opening and closing procedures as per side work schedule.
Complete check of area of work prior to opening for cleanliness, correct set up & mis en place in place.
Ensure work area is kept clean & tidy at all times during service and ensure the cleaning rota is followed
Ensure work area is properly prepared for the next shift before leaving your shift
10) To follow correct procedures when answering the telephone & welcoming guests into your area of work
11) To be fully aware of the Health & Safety Policy, Accident Reporting Procedure, Maintenance fault reporting procedure and the Fire Procedures for your department
12) To ensure all comments, compliments & complaints are passed to the senior person on duty in your department
13) To co-operate with other departments thereby ensuring a harmonious working environment and maximising efficiency
14) To ensure each even runs smoothly through efficient preparation
15) To set up function and meeting rooms to specification and standard as to meet the guests’ requirements.
16) Ensure floats are counted and balanced at start and end of shift and they are secure at all times. Blind Banking
procedures are followed along with all local and Marriott policies and procedures.
17) Follows all company’s policies and procedures.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.